Wake on Lan & Fusion Laptop

valbuc

I can't get Wake on Lan to work having configured in BIOS and Windows 10, has anyone else had any luck?

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
Check your power plans from power options. You have to go -> advanced power settings, sleep and then allow wake timers.
You might have to enable that

valbuc

Thanks for the suggestions. In windows I have enabled WOL from device manager and have allowed wake timers from the power plan. In BIOS I have enabled the WOL setting. I have also assigned a static IP from the router on the off chance that would help but no luck

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
Does it HAVE to be wake on lan? I personally didn't even know you could do that, I usually just put my computer to sleep and schedule a task to wake it up. To be fair my use cases are pretty trivial, since most of the tv shows (e.g. game of thrones) and UFC cards air at 2-3AM in the morning, I just get the computer to start torrent client and then RSS filters do the rest. I set it to wake up at 5 and by the time i get up at 7-8 am, the magic is complete.
Sure sleep state doesn't fully knock out the PC, it will still need some electric juice but I don't think it's that much, especially with newer intel processors having more and more deeper states of sleeping modes

valbuc

My aim is to have my laptop in a cupboard under my TV, and then be able to turn it on and operate it from my phone, that way I won't have to open the cupboard and press the button.

Also the option to WOL from WAN and then be able to remote in whenever I need might be useful

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
My aim is to have my laptop in a cupboard under my TV, and then be able to turn it on and operate it from my phone, that way I won't have to open the cupboard and press the button.

Also the option to WOL from WAN and then be able to remote in whenever I need might be useful
That might be a big mistake. Laptops are hard to keep cool, in a cupboard under the TV (which I'm guessing is not that big, and from what you say, sealed) it's much more likely to overheat. And even if it doesn't get hot enough to shutdown it's going to run much hotter than it really should, and that will greatly shorten its life.