War Machine ?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Will have a look into this, the commander should be stored on the cable managment side right ?
I wonder if it's an option, shouldn't it come pre-done when building ?
Correct.

Because the 4000x comes with a PWM splitter for speed control and lighting node for RGB of the case fans that what gets used

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Sometimes Lan drivers are worse than installing a Printer,
I had to factory reset my PC, now the ethernet refuses to work

Any thoughts ?

1641901347240.png

1641901368653.png

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I had this a few times at the start. Try this: Disconnect the ethernet cable, turn off PC, then turn off the Power Supply. Count to 30, then turn everything back on and once booted plug in the cable again.

No idea why it was occuring, that that fixed it for me. And yes, I had all my drivers up to date, etc

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
I had this a few times at the start. Try this: Disconnect the ethernet cable, turn off PC, then turn off the Power Supply. Count to 30, then turn everything back on and once booted plug in the cable again.

No idea why it was occuring, that that fixed it for me. And yes, I had all my drivers up to date, etc

Thanks for an alternative, PCS was quick to action a solution as well, leaving below for anyone with this issue:

First right click on Intel Ethernet Controler and uninstall it then reboot your system, go to this link https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/04LAN/DRV_LAN_Intel_I225_SZ-TSD_W10_64_V10214_20211019R.zip and download it, unzip it and install it then reboot your system again.

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Btw mate, since we have a similar build, which software do you use to control your PC ?
I've reset mine to get rid of all the bloatware I first installed for no reason, currently I just have iCue installed and nothing else.

Other than that just the core stuff like chipset drivers.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
  • I use iCUE to control all fans (Corsair ML120s x6) and the bios to control the exhaust fan (which I updated to a Silent Wings 3 120 PWM).
  • I use MSI Afterbunner to control GPU fans using a custom curve. I found Firestorm (Zotac's GPU app) on auto would ramp fans to 100% and their custom curve editor didn't have as many points as Afterburners. I do use Firestorm to set the RGB on the GPU, but I don't have it running in background
And that's about it really. I also have the likes of HWMonitor ahd HWInfo64 to monitor temps, etc, but only run them when required.

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Nice one, appreciate that mate.
I've opened my side case to see where the front standalone fans were plugged and they are plugged to this little board, I'm assuming it's the
lighting node,

Now after looking at some topics online, in order to add the 3 front fans to the RGB sync function, I would have to change the commander core to have 6 fans instead of 3, now my issue is that iCue doesn't detect my commander core.

1641987055347.png

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, so it seems now that the commander core is already set inside the cooler, it only shows seperate if the cooler wasn't installed.

Now I just have to figure out, which types of fans they are, as the automatic wizard doesn't detect them.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Ok, so it seems now that the commander core is already set inside the cooler, it only shows seperate if the cooler wasn't installed.

Now I just have to figure out, which types of fans they are, as the automatic wizard doesn't detect them.
What case is it ?

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for that mate,

I'm a bit confused now,

The iCue when asking me to set up the fans, it asks to do it from the Commander Core but the front fans are connected to the Lighting Node Core, how do I set up the fans that are connected there ? :eek:

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Looks like as below but having a bit of a search looks like the may be SP series?

View attachment 31788
Looks like they are SP Elites

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Thanks for that mate,

I'm a bit confused now,

The iCue when asking me to set up the fans, it asks to do it from the Commander Core but the front fans are connected to the Lighting Node Core, how do I set up the fans that are connected there ? :eek:
You would need to move the front fans speed and RGB over to the Commander Core

Not sure why your lighting node isn't showing in iCUE though....

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
I mean seems to be all fine, if not it wouldn't show up here right ?

1641989179505.png

I don't really trust the "soldering" done in the bottom part where you see this white paste, not sure if there's cable confliting there,

1641989299300.png

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
All checked and connected,
Giving up now as it's too much hassle, email sent, hopefully they figure out for me.

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
All checked and connected,
Giving up now as it's too much hassle, email sent, hopefully they figure out for me.

Took a year but ended up doing it myself as the solution was to send it back :sleep:

Still a bit weird thought, I have no clue what this piece does where I disconnected it from,
While it was in assembly don't they check if it's working in synch ?

IMG-0061.png

Anyways, it's fixed now and iCue was able to detect the extra 3 fans after running the install wizard.
Now I can have my Cyberware build completed without the front panel ruining it for me.

Screenshot-2023-03-29-230928.png