Warranty Help!!!

KieranO

I'm currently customising a Vortex III elite and its come to like £2300 (OUCH!) and I've come to a halt, i would like to get it through financing and i turn 18 in just under 1 month however i know my credit rating wont be that great (although i have 3 regular direct debits so not sure if that will help?)+ I'm in college so my working hours per week isn't over 16 (however i still earn more than enough to cover the financing easily) does anyone know if (assuming my brother is eligible which I am sure he will be) can take out the finance option and let me have the laptop? He is moving to Australia in 3months time so i would keep the laptop and pay him to pay for the instalments i just want to know whether they will allow this/will i be able to claim on warranty/insurance if hes not in country? :/ Help greatly appreciated!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
In theory I believe your brother can apply for finance and do with the laptop as he pleases after receiving it (which includes giving it to you). The finance agreement would however lie between your brother and our finance company, so if anything was to go wrong with re-payments your brother would be legally liable.

steaky360

My PC was bought on finance acquired by my partner (I think she's regretting letting me get a new pc now though!) and I have used PCS RMA service with no issues whatsoever :)

KieranO

Well yes i did try to speak to someone in the support E-mail thing but she seemed to be unaware of specifically what would be the case and kept giving me vague answers which worried me :s i think its best that i just get a mid level comp for now and just use that till i can afford my own extreme one later on next year, thank you your help is appreciated :)