Water inside PC

nexard

Really appreciate all the comments guys. So I've dried out it, tried it again today, and still no sign of life at all.

Not sure where to go from here, apparently RMAs are taking 3-4 weeks, and I'm not even sure if they'd cover it if it's from condensation?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Really appreciate all the comments guys. So I've dried out it, tried it again today, and still no sign of life at all.

Not sure where to go from here, apparently RMAs are taking 3-4 weeks, and I'm not even sure if they'd cover it if it's from condensation?

I don't think you have an option other than RMA unfortunately.

If you replaced the PSU yourself and it wasn't the PSU.... you're out the cost of the PSU + whatever else is wrong.
If you put it into a local place to look at, the warranty will be void for any future issues.... plus you'll need to pay to fix the issue anyway.
If you send it for the RMA and there is a fault not relating to mishandling then it will be repaired for shipping fees.
If you send it for RMA and there is a fault relating to mishandling then it will be repaired and charged accordingly.

Best case scenario it costs you shipping fees.
Worst case scenario it costs you repair fees..... which you would pay through any other avenue anyway.

Obviously the down side is the lead time, but I'd rather have a wait than no warranty.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

If you replaced the PSU yourself and it wasn't the PSU.... you're out the cost of the PSU + whatever else is wrong.
If you put it into a local place to look at, the warranty will be void for any future issues.... plus you'll need to pay to fix the issue anyway.
If you send it for the RMA and there is a fault not relating to mishandling then it will be repaired for shipping fees.
If you send it for RMA and there is a fault relating to mishandling then it will be repaired and charged accordingly.

Worst case scenario it costs you repair fees..... which you would pay through any other avenue anyway.

Obviously the down side is the lead time, but I'd rather have a wait than no warranty.
Was just about to post similar and saw the green box pop up

nexard

I didn't realise they would repair it anyway for a charge even if its not covered, that's good.

I don't have any of the original packaging - do you think it's worth ordering the packaging they provide before sending it back? I believe I could package it safely myself but I'm not sure if that's wise.
Daft question here.... have you checked the fuse in the plug?
I tried a brand new power cable and didn't get any power with that either.

Rakk

The Awesome
I don't have any of the original packaging - do you think it's worth ordering the packaging they provide before sending it back? I believe I could package it safely myself but I'm not sure if that's wise.
Well if you use the packaging the PCS supply then its properly covered by PCS's insurance during transit, so unless you've got really destruction proof packaging of your own, I would get some from them.

Cloud9

Sorry to interject but I found this thread very interesting - I've been wondering a lot about humidity lately too. I live in a 50s built house with brick walls that also get drippy (although by the sounds of it not as bad as OP) and I did start to worry for my electronics. I have a little humidity sensor and in the mornings it's not uncommon for me to see it pushing 70%. I think the highest I've ever seen it on foggy/rainy days is 78%... that was what prompted me to splash the cash on an expensive Ebac dehumidifier lol. I always assumed UK houses were inherently quite damp and I was probably OK electronics wise considering everyone else seems to cope, but this thread was a little scary! Best of luck OP.

nexard

Sorry to interject but I found this thread very interesting - I've been wondering a lot about humidity lately too. I live in a 50s built house with brick walls that also get drippy (although by the sounds of it not as bad as OP) and I did start to worry for my electronics. I have a little humidity sensor and in the mornings it's not uncommon for me to see it pushing 70%. I think the highest I've ever seen it on foggy/rainy days is 78%... that was what prompted me to splash the cash on an expensive Ebac dehumidifier lol. I always assumed UK houses were inherently quite damp and I was probably OK electronics wise considering everyone else seems to cope, but this thread was a little scary! Best of luck OP.
Thank you! I have also now invested in an expensive dehumidifier. If this PC ever works again I can assure you it will be the driest PC ever seen...