Webcam

Schnook

Bronze Level Poster
Not sure if this is the correct place for this or not?

My laptop has a webcam and a mic. The webcam doesn't work so I'm guessing I need to install the software for it? Can anyone tell me if this is correct and if so where would I find the software to download it?

My mic kinda works. I tried it online speaking to people and they can't hear me, but when I recorded myself speaking I can hear it, but hardly at all as it's very quiet even if I shout.

Thank you for any help :)

Teaz

Godlike
It should be on the software/drivers installation disc supplied with your laptop.

have you checked in your Recording Devices? right click volume on the system tray, it should be there. Click properties and click the Listen tab. check if the volume isn't low or adjust to your suits.

Schnook

Bronze Level Poster
I found the disc and found "install webcam driver" so I click and it then says "Warning: Device was not found or please enable it before installing it's driver."

I can't see anything for the mic anywhere and now it's not even finding it when I try to record, where as before it was.

Thank you for your help :) I think I'm gonna have to get my boyfriend to sort it out for me. He bought me the laptop and knows how to do stuff, I don't wanna end up breaking something lol

Edited: So I decided to look in the users guide and found how to power it on and now I'm installing the software :D

Last edited: