Website Suggestions

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Hey everyone,

I've not been on for quite a long time now (busy with work :surrender:) but I still recommend you to people and one of them recently put an order through here :sorcerer:

Anyway, after looking at the current site i've had a few thoughts:

-It would be helpful if you made it clear which motherboards you provide for Mini-ITX builds come with built in Wi-Fi. This won't be obvious to some people and if they try and configure a computer with a graphics card and a PCI-E wireless card they won't be able to (only space for 1 PCIE device) and so may be put off thinking it's not possible.

-Adding the weight for every case would be useful to some people who want something they can move around with them (students having to move it back home at the end of each term etc).

-I've seen super small cases people are building in now like this one: http://nfc-systems.com/shop/s4-mini-chassis I'm not sure what sort demand there is but it might be worth looking into. Cases this small need non conventional power supplies though like the ones listed here (up to 200W~): http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-160-XT

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

To sort of jump on this bandwagon as you've started it....maybe it will be picked up. I think there isn't a huge future for home computers containing multiple disks. I think moving to a home NAS is much more flexible and I would suggest PCS offers a bigger range of NAS devices.

I would also suggest an option under soundcards to choose an external DAC (Digital Audio Converter). These offer much more realistic sound when playing music and will be popular with audiophiles. Potentially PCS could even offer decent monitor speakers as well.

These items could easily be ordered by PCS for next day delivery once they receive an order, meaning they don't need to stock these items and it wouldn't delay the build process.

I realise customers could just buy an external DAC and monitor speakers from another site and that PCS probably wouldn't make much money on these items but I do think there is value to offering the complete package. I know how frustrating it is waiting for deliveries and even if I could buy these items a little more cheaply elsewhere, if I was already waiting in for a an exciting new computer from PCS, I would pay a little extra to just have one delivery to wait around for.

As has been highlighted in a couple of threads recently there is no option to send in a case with mini ITX builds and maybe this is an oversight. Otherwise there isn't a very wide choice of cases for mini ITX and I think more choice would result in better sales.

Those are my suggestions.

Frank100