weird beeping/buzzing noise from front jack port

JoshKing2105

When I plug my headset into the front jack port, and i click listen to this device and my friends tell me as well that it's making a strange beeping/buzzing noise, i used a splitter and the ports on the back but that is making a electric buzzing sound, but I'm guessing that's because of the splitter connection. Any solutions or could the jack be damaged ?

steaky360

When I plug my headset into the front jack port, and i click listen to this device and my friends tell me as well that it's making a strange beeping/buzzing noise, i used a splitter and the ports on the back but that is making a electric buzzing sound, but I'm guessing that's because of the splitter connection. Any solutions or could the jack be damaged ?
What are your full specs? What headset are you using? Have you tried any other devices with the jack to see if the problem persists?

JoshKing2105

What are your full specs? What headset are you using? Have you tried any other devices with the jack to see if the problem persists?
1598270213546.png

I changed one of the storage devices and the WIFI card
headset - SteelSeries arctis 1
yes i have checked other headsets as well, my brothers pc does the same and our pcs are only 3-4 weeks old

JoshKing2105

I'm getting confused here: There is a buzzing noise which you think is being caused by the splitter yes? Have you tried a different splitter? Not sure what other solution there would be if you need to use a splitter
The front port is a headphone/mic port where as the back ones are separate, so i need to use a splitter, but the front one i dont and it is making the beeping noise, I can try and send a audio clip if that would help

JoshKing2105

Sorry...my bad...I was getting confused there with talking about the splitter and plugging in front and back. Now I understand :)

An audio clip may help as sometimes it's difficult to tell...it could be a problem with the audio port or it might be the connector is shorting etc..sometimes audio of it can help
how can i attach a audio clip of it ?

JoshKing2105

There is definitely something wrong there...that sound is not normal...was expecting more like an intereference type noise rather than a constant high pitched noise. As to what is causing it, no idea beyond it maybe being a loose connector. Will need someone with more knowledge than me to advise there.
alright, do you know who I can speak to ?

JoshKing2105

Hmmm...do you have a mouse plugged in to the USB port right next to the headphone port? If so, can you try connecting the mouse in one of the rear USB ports and try the headphones? It may make no difference but I just read something on this
I have my mouse and keyboard in the back ports

JoshKing2105

Okay...it's not them then...figured it was worth a try. It is entirely possible that it is electrical interference inside the computer that is causing it (have just read a few posts on forums about it)...solution to that is moving the wire that connects the motherboard to the headphone jack but it would depend on what wires it is next to, whether they would cause interference, how the wire was inserted etc etc. Basically, it needs eyes-on.

Is there anything plugged into the case's USB ports currently? Bluetooth adapter? Printer cable? Anything at all?

Beyond that, I am out of knowledge...hopefully someone or Spyder will be along at some point to offer thoughts, otherwise you'd need to speak to PCS about it...point them to this thread if you do so they can see what has already been discussed, dismissed etc
okay, I don’t have anything plugged into the USB ports, and it’s quite tricky to get to the wire on the inside and the USB ports are in the way. I will try and email pcs, thank you for your suggestions

JoshKing2105

is there any possibility it could be to do with the sound card, however I don't think that would effect the front port would it ?

JoshKing2105

Well, there's no sound card as such...it's just a module as part of the motherboard. It is possible there is an issue with the motherboard end....also possible it's on the jack end. Not sure how you tell the difference though
I ain’t sure on that on that one

JoshKing2105

Do you mean you aren't sure about there being no sound card? Unless your order differs from what you posted on the first page, then your audio is via "Onboard audio" which basically means it's part of the motherboard
no I meant that I don't know the difference whether its a motherboard issue or a jack issue

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would log it with PCS as well as they may already be aware of something.

It's likely a grounding issue with the case. It would need some troubleshooting physically to determine the ground problem.