What are you driving at the moment?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
My first car was a viva HB
I’m not going to lie, I’ve never heard of that car. Is it one of these?

CD070640-0006-4A7F-863A-78918996BE1E.jpeg

I then had a mini with push button start and pudding stir gear stick................

I am all about this statement, though. That insanely long gearstick that just disappeared into the floor of the car was mad. Must’ve been some dicey yet satisfying moments when waving that around and finally popping it into the correct gear.

We don’t know how easy we’ve got it these days, my latest car has a DSG gearbox and I’m not sure I’d ever go back to manual unless I was treating myself to a sports car.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’m not going to lie, I’ve never heard of that car. Is it one of these?

View attachment 32578

I am all about this statement, though. That insanely long gearstick that just disappeared into the floor of the car was mad. Must’ve been some dicey yet satisfying moments when waving that around and finally popping it into the correct gear.

We don’t know how easy we’ve got it these days, my latest car has a DSG gearbox and I’m not sure I’d ever go back to manual unless I was treating myself to a sports car.
No that looks like a viva HA, this was the HB

1646438940519.jpeg

With regards to the mini gear lever, reverse was one of the hardest gears to find, it was somewhere down the side of the drivers seat...........

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They were actually quite fun to drive, even though they only had a little 1159cc engine, my first one was in Daytona Yellow

rouchie

Rising Star
I currently have a 65 plate Ford Fiesta with no tax due to the eco side and my darling Mrs has a 62 plate TT Convertible in tip top condition looking to sell the two and get a small dog (yet to get and not hand bag small) friendly SUV, advice appreciated!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I currently have a 65 plate Ford Fiesta with no tax due to the eco side and my darling Mrs has a 62 plate TT Convertible in tip top condition looking to sell the two and get a small dog (yet to get and not hand bag small) friendly SUV, advice appreciated!
Are you looking for dog or car advice? Or both?

We’ll need to know budget, uses, and space constraints 😜

rouchie

Rising Star
Looking for new to 1 year old small SUV type of car - I quite like the Audi Q3 & Mercedes GLA but fairly open
Budget is around £35k
Mainly used for Mrs R home to work, weekend drives to walking spots, mainly just the two of us and whatever little mutt we get :)
Seems that Cars have computer chips too (who knew!) and I may have a wait on my hands for brand new, just like when I ordered my pc!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Don't know if you've seen it yet but there a new one coming out, the CX 60. Looks stunning and it's available with a straight six normally aspirated motor. Glorious! The interior is stunning. Comes in phev flavour as well as a 3.5 ltr diesel.
Generous motor, that does sound like a rather nice model (y)

rouchie

Rising Star
Don't know if you've seen it yet but there a new one coming out, the CX 60. Looks stunning and it's available with a straight six normally aspirated motor. Glorious! The interior is stunning. Comes in phev flavour as well as a 3.5 ltr diesel.
Will take a look this weekend!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
A friend is considering selling his old Peugeot 205 GTi and said I could have it at the fabled ‘mates rates’ if I wanted it. I’m not in the market for a new old car, especially with the baby due in a couple of months, but went round earlier to have a look out of politeness.

He’s kept it in really good nick, to be fair to him, and for a few seconds I was actually somewhat tempted. But it was when I got into the driver’s seat that I was jolted back into reality…

I saw the choke lever. And was instantly transported to a time when you’d be swearing your head off and breathing fumes on a frosty morning if you baffed it up.

No thanks, pal. I like fuel injection.
Just as a little addendum to my post above, my buddy has found a potential buyer for the 205 and asked if I’d help him detail it so it’ll be looking it’s best for the viewing. I absolutely love cleaning things so agreed without hesitation, loaded the wet vac, the Shark, the steam cleaner and my CompuClean Xpert into my car and headed straight round on the understanding that I’d do the interior, he could arse about with his clay bar and waxes on the exterior.

What a blast it was, I wish I’d had the presence of mind to take some pics whilst I was there. He’s kept that car in great shape but the wet vac water was still what I can only describe as worryingly brown after I’d done the seats.

Favourite bit? The ashtray! Remember when they were standard in yer car? That was a job for the steam cleaner and the tar-infused smell of a million tabs (and a few jazz cigarettes) filled the air as nicotine yellow water pooled on the ground.

I can only hope that the impending birth of my son fills me with as much joy.

Aza

Rising Star
Just as a little addendum to my post above, my buddy has found a potential buyer for the 205 and asked if I’d help him detail it so it’ll be looking it’s best for the viewing. I absolutely love cleaning things so agreed without hesitation, loaded the wet vac, the Shark, the steam cleaner and my CompuClean Xpert into my car and headed straight round on the understanding that I’d do the interior, he could arse about with his clay bar and waxes on the exterior.

What a blast it was, I wish I’d had the presence of mind to take some pics whilst I was there. He’s kept that car in great shape but the wet vac water was still what I can only describe as worryingly brown after I’d done the seats.

Favourite bit? The ashtray! Remember when they were standard in yer car? That was a job for the steam cleaner and the tar-infused smell of a million tabs (and a few jazz cigarettes) filled the air as nicotine yellow water pooled on the ground.

I can only hope that the impending birth of my son fills me with as much joy.

I dont think they let new parents clean up the hospital rooms/wards afterwards.
I've a feeling you'll be left with a gnawing sense of regret.

Not the birth, or the new baby boy.... I just have images of your missus having to drag you out by your ear while you desperately try to scrabble for a steam cleaner....

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I dont think they let new parents clean up the hospital rooms/wards afterwards.
I've a feeling you'll be left with a gnawing sense of regret.

Not the birth, or the new baby boy.... I just have images of your missus having to drag you out by your ear while you desperately try to scrabble for a steam cleaner....
Mrs Cooper is a midwife at the hospital we’ll be at, I’m sure she can pull some strings. I might even get to have a go on the autoclave!

Aza

Rising Star
Mrs Cooper is a midwife at the hospital we’ll be at, I’m sure she can pull some strings. I might even get to have a go on the autoclave!
You could always apply for a cleaners job?
Hell, with NHS budgets atm, tell them you'll do it for free, they'll probably jump at the chance (as soon as you pass a DBS check)