What can this laptop do and not do?

Hi please see below for the spec of the laptop I’ve ordered. I’m not great with hardware so was wondering
What the laptops limitations are, for example can it do 4k gaming in ultra? Can it do large 4k video rendering/ editing in Premier, can it edit/render cgi 3D in blender? I guess what I’m looking for is how good is this set up? Or how bad is it. Honest replies please.

Chassis & Display
Octane Series: 17.3" Matte 4K LED 60Hz 72% NTSC Widescreen (3840x2160) (No G-Sync)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700 (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 - 8.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Hard Disk
2TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
2TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2700MB/W)

Memory Card Reader
Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor
1 x 330W AC Adaptor
Battery
Octane Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (82WH)
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0
USB Options
4 x USB 3.0 Ports + 2 x USB 3.1 Type C Ports
Keyboard Language
OCTANE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
This is the wrong question to be asking at this stage, when it is on the cusp of being dispatched :) The right time for that question would have been before ordering it..

I don't use blender or premiere, nor do I know exactly what kind of projects you work on, so I can't tell you exactly what to expect. Also I don't know what you're used to using in terms of hardware, and so whether this will seem very quick compared to your old quad-core mobile i7 laptop with a GTX 660M, or slow compared to the £8000 workstation you have.

But in general terms, it should perform very capably, and you can't get much that's more powerful than this in a laptop chassis. There are laptop chassis that sport multiple GPUs, but the advantage of these in Premiere Pro is very situational - sometimes you might see little scaling with a 2nd GPU anyway. The storage is among the fastest you can buy.

I'd be surprised if you were disappointed with performance, and if you are there's very little else you could have bought that would be any better in a laptop.

For gaming, you definitely need to manage your expectations.
1) The laptop GTX 1080 is less powerful than a desktop GTX 1080
2) There are many modern games that a desktop GTX 1080 would not run at 4 at ultra or very high settings
3) Some games have a few very performance-expensive settings. Settings that might make relatively little difference to visual fidelity but that will cane your framerate. Things like the top shadow settings in Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Hairworks in Witcher 3. I hear volumetric clouds in AC:Odyssey is harsh too.

Check out this page for an illustration of the kinds of performance you might get from 4k gaming on the laptop:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.13849.0.html

As you can see, not many games will give smooth framerates at ultra for 4k, but if you turn the settings down to very high or high, you might find the fidelity close to ultra and the performance much better.

Manage your expectations and be prepared to spend time fine-tuning your settings to get the blend of performance and fidelity that you like :)