What CPU in the UltraNote?

As above. I love the look of the ultra note and am hell bent on getting one, however I am stuck on which CPU to get.

My uses for the machine would be as follows:

Music production (superior drummer, pro tools, guitar pro etc)
Moderate gaming (perhaps skyrim on its lowest settings, maybe a bit of guild wars too?)
General daily usage (web browsing, emails etc)

I am stuck between getting the i7 quad core or just going with one of the i5 dual cores.
Not sure how much processing power I'd need for the above tasks.

If anyone could help me choose, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Jim

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
Seeing that the form factor is 14" and the chassis itself is very thin, there's good reason why PCS have provided an i7-3632QM, which is a 3610QM (3630QM) with lower base and turbo clocks, and thus TDP of only 35 Watts. The next best thing would be an i5-3360M, though it is a dual core, four thread CPU.

I'd default to i7-3632QM in every single case: you will appreciate four cores, eight threads performance in music, even video production, not to mention this particular processor will stay relevant for many years to come.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Sadly, there is no dedicated GPU, meaning that you will struggle to get even the lowest settings on skyrim. If possible, consider a 15" Genesis, this will allow you to add a GT640m which should be able to play skyrim and guild wars at low settings if not medium