What do ye guys think of this?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's kind of moot though as OP would just connect to wifi?

You wouldn't want to run a PC off tethered, can't think any reason where that's a good idea.
If your best connection is by 4/5G mobile data. But yes, obviously connecting the PC directly to WiFi is the superior option.

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
It's kind of moot though as OP would just connect to wifi?

You wouldn't want to run a PC off tethered, can't think any reason where that's a good idea.
Yeah I get far better internet from tethering rather than wifi so not much I can do there ;/

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
Micro-B will (unless it's the really weird connector) just be plain old USB 2.0. This can run just fine over a USB-C connector.

In general, USB-C can run any form of USB. If it can run on a USB-A port, it can run on a USB-C port. (The whole USB world is confusing as anything, but this is a decent rule of thumb.)

But a cable like this one should be fine:

(And this, in theory, is faster, lower latency and generally more reliable than Bluetooth.)
Hmm Yeah I might go with that stick with the 400 and get that is probably the easiest to do :Da, Just to clarify I assume the type c part would go into the pc and not into another adapter or something?

Apologies just to say it's a nice balanced spec you have posted.
hahahaa no problem, Thanks but tbh most of the part picking was done by the others hehe

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
If you go down the configurator to where the Network Card is, directly below it is the "Wireless Network Card"...you will find the AX200 in that scroll down menu
Hmm yeah I didnt notice that, still getting a card doesn't fully solve my problem as I still have to charge my phone from the pc ;/ might just get an adapter as someone else pointed out

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
As far as I know, it will be listed as a credit note on your account and then be refunded (I think that's how it works...I have never changed an order after placing it)

A lot of cases nowadays come without a rear exhuast fan and are fine. It depends what you want...if you want a fan to match the front fans (ie the RGB lighting) then you'd need to find a Corsair SP120 fan and install it yourself. Ordinarily I would have said just add one of the Thermaltake fans from the configurator but the 1 fan option is missing...you could go with the PCS cheap £9 fan but it may be noisy. Personally, I'd buy myself a Noctua or similar fan and install it myself...but then I'm fine with messing around with fans etc
yeah I was assuming thats how they'd do it money wise, though I think I might stick to the 400D and just get an adapter as that seems easiest

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
@Nursemorph in relation to one of your other comments you said you know a bit about motherboards, just wondering if you knew if the motherboard I've selected (ASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!) Has a connector for the usb c connector

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
But why is that, is that poor network setup or poor broadband service? 2 very different things. What speeds do you pay for?
It's service but unless I switch to a wireless internet hotspot I don't think it can be approved and I don't see the point in doing that when I already pay for me phones hotspot

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's service but unless I switch to a wireless internet hotspot I don't think it can be approved and I don't see the point in doing that when I already pay for me phones hotspot
a mobile hotspot from a phone is a really poor option for anything computer related.

Point I'm making is we may be able to help improve your home network, it sounds like it's simply not setup very well.

What speeds do you pay for?

It's incredibly simple to set up a decent home network, I guarantee, it's a lot simpler and a lot better experience than tethering off a mobile when you're paying for broadband? What you're doing currently is a bit like turning a car into a 3 wheeler because it's got a flat.

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
a mobile hotspot from a phone is a really poor option for anything computer related.

Point I'm making is we may be able to help improve your home network, it sounds like it's simply not setup very well.

What speeds do you pay for?

It's incredibly simple to set up a decent home network, I guarantee, it's a lot simpler and a lot better experience than tethering off a mobile when you're paying for broadband? What you're doing currently is a bit like turning a car into a 3 wheeler because it's got a flat.
I assume by setup you mean is how I'm connected and unless you can better than wired then idk, but yeah what we're paying for I honetly never thought about that due to how low the dl speed is though since it's an old contract I can see the limit being quite low

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I assume by setup you mean is how I'm connected and unless you can better than wired then idk, but yeah what we're paying for I honetly never thought about that due to how low the dl speed is though since it's an old contract I can see the limit being quite low
Why not upgrade it then? Usually to upgrade to a modern connection will actually cost less for significantly faster speeds.

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
Why not upgrade it then? Usually to upgrade to a modern connection will actually cost less for significantly faster speeds.
What I meant is I never thought about a limit existing before so it's something I'd have to check if we have a limit but I'm doubtful as I've checked other providers speeds and they offer similiar to what we get currently

Ash_

Master Poster
What I meant is I never thought about a limit existing before so it's something I'd have to check if we have a limit but I'm doubtful as I've checked other providers speeds and they offer similiar to what we get currently
What speed do you get? I believe UK average is around 80mbps, 4G on the other hand maxes at around 20mbps. Also on a bad contract, they will cap your bandwidth in peak times etc.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's what we're asking though, what speeds are you currently paying for?

It would have to be pretty dire for anyone to prefer tethering over using their home network.

My guess is your network isn't setup correctly rather than an issue with your broadband.

MoonIsB

Silver Level Poster
What speed do you get? I believe UK average is around 80mbps, 4G on the other hand maxes at around 20mbps. Also on a bad contract, they will cap your bandwidth in peak times etc.
I get 0.5mb dl but I'm also from rural ireland

That's what we're asking though, what speeds are you currently paying for?

It would have to be pretty dire for anyone to prefer tethering over using their home network.

My guess is your network isn't setup correctly rather than an issue with your broadband.

Hmm I will have to look at the contract tomorrow and find out