What in the World is going on?

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
After a ''failed delivery'' on Saturday (which I also want to be refunded for) and a another ''failed delivery'' on Monday. My order is now in bloody transit for Lord knows how long? What is going on :/

TudorVII

Enthusiast
The delivery itself is out of PCS's hands, so you'd be better off calling Yodel directly to find out when your PC is going to be delivered, rather than complaining on the forums here.

You should mention that you want a refund for paying for Saturday delivery, but I imagine if you do get a refund for that then it will be done through PCS who will claim the money back from Yodel.

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
No, not yet but I will do so later on today. I just hope this is resolved quickly though.

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
I've tried to call them and I've arranged a Collection online but I'm having no luck getting past the automated service to confirm what type of identification is necessary to collect my parcel from them because every time I enter the Service Code I keep getting cut off. Does anyone know if any type of Photo ID is acceptable for Yodel to give me access to my Parcel?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hello Noble, sorry to hear you are having issues, you should be okay with the usual stuff, i.e. Passport/driving license, credit/debit card, utility bills, I tend to take all the above so they have no arguement!

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
That's what I'm thinking, but it never hurts to be sure. I'm 17 and unfortunately I'm not allowed Access to my passport by my parents for Over-protective reasons :( Do you think a Oyster Card with a photo of me in it be enough?

JSG10

Expert
No probably not mate. Oyster card isn't a recognised form of ID. You will need Passport or Driving license as stated above, even a provisional license is fine.
I'd ask your parents for your passport if I were you, or get them to take you down there.

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
Argh, I've already asked and they are saying that there's no reason why they should come down to Dartford when Yodel is supposed to be delivering it in the First Place and I guess that's true in a sense but I don't want to be the person who's waiting an additional 14 days just for a order to arrive.

JSG10

Expert
You'll just have to re-arrange delivery then by the looks of it :( Frustrating but it will get to you in the end.
Make sure to check it over properly before signing for it though as it's had a lot of extra time on the road!

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the Heads up! Forgive me if I grab instantly when it eventually arrives though :p Just got off a Phone call with JakAttack anyways saying he will ring em and confirm that it's arriving tomorrow before 2:00PM which is music to my ears :walkman::rockon:

JSG10

Expert
Good news :)

Seriously though, do try to control your enthusiasm and make sure you check it thoroughly before signing, especially if the box is damaged!

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Keep us posted on here mate, and hopefully tomorrow you'll be able to receive it nice and easily :) Yodel confirmed they have your number and are going to try before 2pm.

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
(Currently suffering from BlackBerry Withdrawal and Outage symptoms whilst conducting Operation Parcel in a effort to retrieve my laptop)

Love your sig. Hope it all turn up tomorrow. Mine's in a depot or something awaiting pickup from Yodel, although am seriously considering picking it up on Saturday morning (if that's on option...).

cadence

Bronze Level Poster
I feel your pain mate. Yodel are absolutely terrible. They claimed to have tried to deliver my PC today although no one turned up. The status says they sent it out again, but having rung them, what this actually means is they've given it to a third party (wtf?!) to delivery tomorrow. So god knows where my PC is. The call centre staff are extremely unhelpful and don't seem to know what's going on. I know PCS might be between a rock and a hard place choosing between delivery companies but seriously, they need to rethink who they're using. Surely paying a bit more and using a company with a better reputation has to be good for their own reputation. After my experience today I'm very unlikely to buy anything via PCS again. My PC hasn't even arrived yet and this is how I feel.

RichH

Gold Level Poster
Best advice I can give, is when you finally get your delivery, sign for it as un-checked. That way, you are fully covered in the unlikely event that anything is amiss with it. If you don't sign un-checked you are basically voiding any blame on the courier.

By all means ask em to wait while you check for any obvious damage tho, but still sign un-checked.

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
Keep us posted on here mate, and hopefully tomorrow you'll be able to receive it nice and easily :) Yodel confirmed they have your number and are going to try before 2pm.
Thanks alot for that, I'm truly grateful :) I'm definitely coming back when I wanna get my PC.

Love your sig. Hope it all turn up tomorrow. Mine's in a depot or something awaiting pickup from Yodel, although am seriously considering picking it up on Saturday morning (if that's on option...).

Haha thanks ;) I think you should wait until they actually attempt to deliver because I've read in the forums they sometimes deliver on time but if they don't, you know what to do ;)

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
I feel your pain mate. Yodel are absolutely terrible. They claimed to have tried to deliver my PC today although no one turned up. The status says they sent it out again, but having rung them, what this actually means is they've given it to a third party (wtf?!) to delivery tomorrow. So god knows where my PC is. The call centre staff are extremely unhelpful and don't seem to know what's going on. I know PCS might be between a rock and a hard place choosing between delivery companies but seriously, they need to rethink who they're using. Surely paying a bit more and using a company with a better reputation has to be good for their own reputation. After my experience today I'm very unlikely to buy anything via PCS again. My PC hasn't even arrived yet and this is how I feel.

Trust me, the feeling sucks but when your PC comes through your front door you will know it was all worth it. I think Yodel passed it to a third party courier because they don't have a presence in your area, that might be why. It's funny how my Mum's various orders and Samsung Galaxy Ace came on the Monday and Tuesday my laptop was supposed to arrive though, the irony eh?