What is IPCONFIG command? Why it is used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ipconfig is a hugely useful networking troubleshooting command. It is often used to display the basic networking information (addresses etc.) on a given computer but it can do much more than that. It can release and renew IP addresses for any adapter, it can refresh DHCP leases for dynamic adapters, it can also flush the DNS cache, and more. If you enter the command "ipconfig /?" (without the quotes) you'll see a full list of the Ipconfig parameters and their use.

LFFPicard

Godlike
I think maybe if these are genuine questions maybe resort to a single post with them all.

Otherwise, I think it is just general spamming to try and populate the forums.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I had been deleting them but they seem to spring back up, not sure if I was in error and perhaps another mod undeleted them but if the OP could at least reply to this post agreeing to stick to one thread It will let us know you are genuine and avoid any further deletions.

Beverly Whiteaker

According to Microsoft:

Ipconfig. Displays all current TCP/IP network configuration values and refreshes Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings. Used without parameters, ipconfig displays the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for all adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.