What is the best 1500 - 1800 pounds pc ?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
and the second monitor, not really a fan of its base.
I’m on the cusp of rolling my eyes at that particular comment. I don’t think the base/stand should be of vital significance when selecting a monitor. It’s not what you’re going to be looking at. Your priorities should be refresh rate and panel type.

Citrus_9

Expert
I’m on the cusp of rolling my eyes at that particular comment. I don’t think the base/stand should be of vital significance when selecting a monitor. It’s not that you’re going to be looking at. Your priorities should be refresh rate and panel type.
Exactly! Agentcooper is very smart tonight and it's worth listening to his free(!) advises :geek: If 1080p I'd definitely go with IPS above 120Hz - they are affordable, while for 1440p could be VA above 120Hz (worst case scenario 75Hz if you really want to compromise). I would never ever look at the TN panels anymore - it's 2021 after all. 4K I'm useless and have now clue :alien:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’ll do what you want but it’s still inferior to the other AOC that’s been linked.

If you’re really wanting a curved screen and can tweak your budget, my suggestion would be to go 1440p and get a 27 inch Samsung G5 and the RTX 3060Ti.

Citrus_9

Expert
what about any 165hz that are ips 24 inches. any suggestions ??
I have a word for that: use+less=useless. Stick with around 100Hz (120 or 144, but 144 is more popular for 1080p).

obviously not but it is better for such a little money difference :D
That's not a thing to waste time considering - when Hz is over 100, you won't see the difference.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
obviously not but it is better for such a little money difference :D
Not really. Most of us humans can’t actually discern any real difference in Hz once it starts hitting the 120FPS mark so it’s unwise to take that viewpoint.

I fear that you’re basing your ideas on things you’ve seen online without any real knowledge behind it. And the fact that you ignored a monitor purely because of it’s stand doesn’t help. You’ve been recommended a few fantastic screens, it’d be worth researching things to get a bit of perspective. Five minutes spent on the monitors thread will be invaluable, I’ll paste the link now, have a read 🙂👍

brunis

you know the AOC 24G2U (the monitor you suggested the best), can u send me the UK amazon link to that plz.

brunis

Also @AgentCooper you know the pc parts you suggested for me earlier. should I wait until I get the AOC 24G2 monitor or do you think my 27 inches curved 4ms 144hz monitor can handle it?