What is the best solution for digitizing notes?

gudthing

Hey guys!

Basically, I would like to find a solution to have my notes digitized.

Currently I am studying an online computer science course and what I do is print off the pdf/powerpoint slides, add my own notes and formulas. Ideally, I would rather have a way to do it directly to my computer (save paper and all).

I also have to write and practice many formulas (math-based) and again, I would love to have a way to write the formulas from hand and have them digitized, so I can access it 'digitally' and not lose it.

I also like to annotate diagrams etc, which again, are mostly in pdf/powerpoint format, but I also create my own versions for revision, which I also want digitized.

Does anyone have any recommendations? THere are so many products that I really don't know what to pick. I was looking at the wacom pen with wacom tablet but I really don't know. There seems to be a lot of options... (I work mostly on my desktop and currently do not have a tablet).

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

DannyWanny

PCS Marketing
Staff member
I would highly recommend Microsoft's OneNote or EverNote - what you can do with these programs is essentially take a screenshot and be able to note them to your liking. It supports graphics tablets so you can freely write on your notes.

The programs are a must for higher education as it's very good for keeping you organized. Do some research on these programs and see how it fits for you.

gudthing

I would highly recommend Microsoft's OneNote or EverNote - what you can do with these programs is essentially take a screenshot and be able to note them to your liking. It supports graphics tablets so you can freely write on your notes.

The programs are a must for higher education as it's very good for keeping you organized. Do some research on these programs and see how it fits for you.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I've actually been playing around with Evernote and I'm really liking it so far. Seems to be a 'glorified' google notes, which is great. Also, further researching a number of people have used the wacom pen and tablet (with evernote) and again seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Now I got to start transitioning from dropbox (that's how I was storing many of my notes) to evernote !

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There's a neat new tool from microsoft called "office Lens" which will sync with OneNote, it basically turns photos of documents and noteboards into digitally represented images and editable text... v clever. Available on Android and Windows phone, and I'm sure it'll be on IOS too.