What is the chip set in the Memory Crad reader? Does it support UHS-1 at full speed?

hogfish

Bronze Level Poster
I have an Ultranote 15.6" with the 9 to 1 card reader. I know that it is a Realtek unit, but I can't find a part number or chipset identity.

But the real question is does it fully support sdxc cards? I am finding a rather low write rate on an sdxc card and I need to be sure that the hardware is fully supporting the UHS-1 standard with the 100Mz clock before blaming a deficient card.

Can anyone help or identify the chipset so that I can go looking for a datasheet?

hogfish

Bronze Level Poster
I have the same machine. My card reader has just developed a fault (read only): I have just posted about that. But I can answer your question: until the fault I could use sdxc cards with no problem under linux. So if you are having problems, you are probably using the wrong operating system :). More seriously, this does mean that you need a updated device driver. I can't help with the chip set identity. Under linux all I have is
Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5287 (rev 01)
Subsystem: CLEVO/KAPOK Computer Device 5455
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 26
Memory at f7c15000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Expansion ROM at f7c00000 [disabled] [size=64K]

However, part of the linux source code mentions "Realtek PCI-Express card reader rts5208/rts5288 driver" which may, or may not, be relevant.