What monitor for my new build?

Simms1992

Just ordered this and I have no idea what monitor I need. Do I go for a 4k 144hz monitor or a 1440p 240hz monitor?

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP

Thanks in advance

MrWilson

Godlike
That would be better than a 4k screen you think?
Most people agree that the added immersion from the superwide display creates a better gaming experience than the increased pixel density of a 4k display. There are a few forum users on here rocking the G9 and they are full of praise for it and are happy to recommend it to anyone with the budget for one.

Simms1992

Most people agree that the added immersion from the superwide display creates a better gaming experience than the increased pixel density of a 4k display. There are a few forum users on here rocking the G9 and they are full of praise for it and are happy to recommend it to anyone with the budget for one.
Thanks I will look at getting the G9, if it fits on my desk...

edit - would a G9 be demanding as a screen to plug my work laptop in?

Dainye

Thanks I will look at getting the G9, if it fits on my desk...

edit - would a G9 be demanding as a screen to plug my work laptop in?
Hi,
I'm running a G9 for the moment at full res & a refresh of 120Hz, this is with a GTX 1080. I don't know the details of your laptop, but you may be surprised with the result.

If nothing else, you'll have a great screen ready for when you do get your PC.

:)

Simms1992

Okay this is what my shortlist now entails:

Alienware AW2721D
Samsung G7
Samsung G9

Looking online there seem to be issues with the Samsungs, which makes the Alienware favorable. However if it worked well I think I'd love the G9...