What monitor should I pair with this configuration?

Hello! After reading some forums I have configured this computer. I now want a monitor. I don't really know what to pair with this build. I am no expert with monitors but I think I would need 144hz and for it to be 1440p. Also for it to have low motion blur and g sync compatibility. Also for it to not lose it's colour if viewed from a different angle.

I am not sure how to get a unique URL so sorry about that. I think this is good for what I want

£1,378.00 - inc VAT and Delivery

Case

COOLERMASTER MASTER CASE H500 ARGB GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready! - So I can upgrade to a future generation when it comes out

Memory (RAM)

16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB) - I think this is enough ram for gaming

Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready! -

1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE -

1st M.2 SSD Drive

512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W) - Windows ( C: )

Power Supply

CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET - To upgrade to a better GPU in the future

Power Cable

1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Chris-Wenger

Depending on the games you want a 1440p would be fine with the build but games with heavy load would perform better with 1080p. thats just me though i rather have 50 more fps on a game than better resolution

D

Deleted member 17413

From what you mention (viewing angle/colour, Gsync) it sounds like you want a IPS panel but it would be more than £300.
I went with the AOC AGON myself, but thats nearly double your budget. Another screen ( LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Gaming Monitor QHD IPS ) which is on amazon for just under £400 atm and has good reviews too https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl83a-b

QHD (1440p screens) with IPS are not cheap! I think the LG was one of the best i have seen in terms of price, freesync (im told the only difference is the name due to licencing with freesync/gsync).

At £300 max for a monitor though, you might have to sacrifice having a IPS for a TN (generally better for gaming anyway with faster response times, but viewing angles and colour not as good)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Lol so i say what i prefer and your like its wrong. Sorry if i prefer to have fps then resolution i don't remember it being illegal
Lols, you added the fact it was your experience after I’d replied as an edit.

Advising someone with a 2070 Super to pair it with a 1080p monitor isn’t sound advice.

Chris-Wenger

umm no i didnt? And its not you if you want higher fps you go with the 1080p if you prefer the resoultion and graphics then get the 1440p its not rocket science you just think that an increase in fps is pointless but sure whatever your the expert.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
umm no i didnt? And its not you if you want higher fps you go with the 1080p if you prefer the resoultion and graphics then get the 1440p its not rocket science you just think that an increase in fps is pointless but sure whatever your the expert.
Urm, yes you did, as you can see by the contents of the OP's quote in post #4 and because it shows admins any changes:

1593974323777.png

I'm not going to argue with you further, you just don't understand the relation between FPS and Hz which is fine, if you're happy, that's all that matters, but it's important that we as moderators keep content accurate so that new people are not misled into buying systems that are wasteful.

D

Deleted member 17413

I think Spyders point was that a 2070 Super would be overkill for a 1080p monitor, even with 144hz refresh.
A 1660 Ti (or push the boat out and go 2060 Super) wouldnt have any issues with FPS on a 1080p, and with a 2060 Super, you would be under-utilising the GPU by quite a bit.

With a 2060 Super, it may well tell you its doing 150 fps in high settings, but the monitor cant actually display it, so it puts out its maximum, if you're gonna pay for a 2070 Super then it makes no sense not to upgrade the monitor to 1440p, which it will happily run at very high fps on most games, but on a 1080p monitor, the GPU is never gonna be fully used, it will sit half idle.

Chris-Wenger

Urm, yes you did, as you can see by the contents of the OP's quote in post #4 and because it shows admins any changes:

View attachment 17102

I'm not going to argue with you further, you just don't understand the relation between FPS and Hz which is fine, if you're happy, that's all that matters, but it's important that we as moderators keep content accurate so that new people are not misled into buying systems that are wasteful.
Lol ok XD i dont really remember because i pretty much edit all of my posts but i dont see the relevancy with me changing im just trying to say what i think and ur just instantly shutting me down and its come across quite rude to me its like you are implying im a complete idiot

D

Deleted member 17413

Thats not how i have read it, to me, hes been quite reasonable and tried to explain, you've dug your heels in on your opinion and he's tried to tell you the same thing again because it comes across like you arent listening, and had already decided you were right.

You gave one example of where your opinion has been supported by your systems performance, but thats one game, on your settings, these graphics cards are often tested against a whole variety of different games to see performance, and it ALWAYS differs from one game to the next, but changing game settings can make a big difference on FPS and unless the OP is gonna just play the game you spoke about with the same settings you have, then the best advice to give is the advice that broadly applies to most main titles out there atm, which would be to either upgrade the monitor to 1440p for the 2070, or downgrade the GPU so you arent wasting money on something thats never gonna be used to its potential.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Lol ok XD i dont really remember because i pretty much edit all of my posts but i dont see the relevancy with me changing im just trying to say what i think and ur just instantly shutting me down and its come across quite rude to me its like you are implying im a complete idiot
All I'm doing is trying to advise the OP on the system best for his uses. He has a very capable 1440p 144Hz card, why would you pair it with a substandard 1080p monitor, just doesn't make any sense.

Chris, I'm not going to argue with you, it's not about your experience or my experience, it's about highly regarded 3rd party reviews under controlled test environments. We have disagreed on some basics, and that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm tryin to leave opinion out of it and stick to the tested benchmarks and widely trusted facts.

It is my job to guide people to the best optimised systems so they get the best performance out of their hard earned cash, and I do it very happily because it's what I needed when I first joined the forum.

D

Deleted member 17413

/the only point i would agree with is
" I wouldn't listen to @Chris-Wenger in this instance, your build is perfectly suited to 1440p 144Hz. "
should probably have said
"I dont agree with @Chris-Wenger in this instance, your build is perfectly suited to 1440p 144Hz."

That bit is a little blunt, but I wouldnt say rude, just direct.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
/the only point i would agree with is
" I wouldn't listen to @Chris-Wenger in this instance, your build is perfectly suited to 1440p 144Hz. "
should probably have said
"I dont agree with @Chris-Wenger in this instance, your build is perfectly suited to 1440p 144Hz."

That bit is a little blunt, but I wouldnt say rude, just direct.
Point taken. I did specify "in this instance" as I wanted it clear it was only on this account.