what monitor would you recommend

Metalhead4ever

Bronze Level Poster
My graphics card is a 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 690 DUAL GPU - 3 x DVI-I, 1 x mDP.

Mainly use it for gaming, movies and net. not sure how much i would spend.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Without a budget is difficult to give advice but I would probably go with a 1440p monitor

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I would not touch Iiyama with a barge-pole at that price range.

Anything over 250£ i would go Asus.

ViewSonic and Iiyama are the best BUDGET monitors around.

But upwards of that nah...
The iyama monitor has good reviews, I would assume the asus equivalent is a bit more expensive.

DT87

Gold Level Poster
The iyama monitor has good reviews, I would assume the asus equivalent is a bit more expensive.

professional reviews calibrate the TV/Monitors to a near perfect state,The fact the OP is asking i would assume he would not have the know-how to do that.

Out the box Asus monitors are far more manageable to get a pleasant colour scheme with little to no work.

And if you are talking about customer reviews that can't be subjective unless they have tested all the equivalent models.

Most people TV/Monitor newbies buy 2000£ TV's leave them in dynamic which they are not just getting the best out of it...but also causing harm to the tv.

Not seeing films as the director intended at all but would still say wow this TV is the best the bezel is mwah lol

Anyway i stand by my opinion,he/she can buy whatever they want :).Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Metalhead4ever

Bronze Level Poster
I do indeed know very little about monitors/TV, I had a plasma connected to my desk top but didn't do much good to it. I only found later that plasma's are not the best as a PC monitor due to screen burn in. Its not super bad, it comes and go and its very faint.

The highest rated monitor on amazon that is 1440p is the BenQ BL2710PT 27 inch http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1V6Z2X9I7KSQG Do you know if these monitors are any good?

Last edited:

DT87

Gold Level Poster
I do indeed know very little about monitors/TV, I had a plasma connected to my desk top but didn't do much good to it. I only found later that plasma's are not the best due to screen burn in. Its not super bad, it comes and go and it very faint.

The highest rated monitor on amazon that is 1440p is the BenQ BL2710PT 27 inch http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1V6Z2X9I7KSQG Do you know if these monitors are any good?

I indeed have a top tier BenQ i mean i could not fault it on anything other than color reproduction.

And it is an intended flaw so that (gamers) can see in every nook and cranny,If you are going to be ONLY gaming on it the BenQ is a great choice.

If you are more fussy about colors and pic quality like me,I would go Asus.

But they are both fantastic award winning monitors.:)

Last edited:

DT87

Gold Level Poster
I do indeed know very little about monitors/TV, I had a plasma connected to my desk top but didn't do much good to it. I only found later that plasma's are not the best as a PC monitor due to screen burn in. Its not super bad, it comes and go and its very faint.

Is it a new-ish plasma?

If so it won't be burn in it will be IR = Image retention.

Plasma in a dark-ish room (not facing a window)Are the best for image quality around.

But i would not recommend it as a monitor.

Metalhead4ever

Bronze Level Poster
Is it a new-ish plasma?

If so it won't be burn in it will be IR = Image retention.

Plasma in a dark-ish room (not facing a window)Are the best for image quality around.

But i would not recommend it as a monitor.

The bottom windows 7 bar and the icons have burnt in. I used the white bar thing in the tvs settings and it smoothed it out. I also get the Image retention from the tv smart viera logo, Must be IR as it goes within minuets

DT87

Gold Level Poster
IR can take 2 days to go.I have a Panosonic VT65 plasma and if i fall alseep on the sofa with skysports news on it stays lol

But if you run slides while you are sleeping.for like 8 hours it moves the pixels and it will go lol.

You would have to abuse it profusely for burn-in.

When calibrating a TV it is stuck on the same thing for 5 hours +.

Is it still under-warranty?

How long would you leave it on a static image for?

Also i game on mine.sometimes on weekend for like 10 hours...And i would have the health bar on screen all the time in the same place.

It would always shift...i mean if you try and shift the the pixels it should go...but you have to change it up......

Unless you have it on like 24/7 then i would consider that enough to be burn in.

And you should buy a monitor mate an Led one for the PC :)

Run some slides for 10 hours or so.and use the plasma for something else :)

Last edited:

Metalhead4ever

Bronze Level Poster
One thing what size of a screen do you recommend for a monitor, I heard that the size 27 of the BenQ BL2710PT doesn't have anti flicker but the size 24 does. Theres a size 32 but there's no mention about any anti flicker.

32 not really needed.

DT87

Gold Level Poster
One thing what size of a screen do you recommend for a monitor, I heard that the size 27 of the BenQ BL2710PT doesn't have anti flicker but the size 24 does. Theres a size 32 but there's no mention about any anti flicker.

32 not really needed.

Flicker-free backlight reduces eye strain,Is that an issue for you?