13-132-975-V01.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 181
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Neither, because those are Kaby Lake motherboards and Intel's Coffee Lake lineup has rendered them obsolete. There's hardly any situation now where the 7th Gen CPUs (e.g. i7 7700k) are the best buy.

What's your budget and full prospective spec? Can suggest something from the 8th Gen range, with motherboard options.

jeffside

Neither, because those are Kaby Lake motherboards and Intel's Coffee Lake lineup has rendered them obsolete. There's hardly any situation now where the 7th Gen CPUs (e.g. i7 7700k) are the best buy.

What's your budget and full prospective spec? Can suggest something from the 8th Gen range, with motherboard options.

i have used pc parts checker and it tells me the cpu is compatible with the i7 7700k. infact the asus websites states it as compatible

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
You missed Oussebon's point completely. He never said anything about compatibility. He said that newer generation CPU's have come along rendering those choices obsolete.

I assume you meant the motherboard is compatible with the cpu.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Yes.

The i7 7700k is obviously compatible with those 2 motherboards. As Tony says, my point is that you don't want to be buying the i7 7700k in the first place because it's obsolete - and therefore you don't want to buying either of those motherboards.

If you post your budget and full prospective spec, people can suggest a more modern and more futureproof alternative. And give some suggestions on Z370 motherboards (which is what the new CPUs require). :)

jeffside

Yes.

The i7 7700k is obviously compatible with those 2 motherboards. As Tony says, my point is that you don't want to be buying the i7 7700k in the first place because it's obsolete - and therefore you don't want to buying either of those motherboards.

If you post your budget and full prospective spec, people can suggest a more modern and more futureproof alternative. And give some suggestions on Z370 motherboards (which is what the new CPUs require). :)

thanks for not answering the question guys and instead giving me info i dont care about. ive already come to a decision and your opinions on which one looked best was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo helpful.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm telling you you're wasting your money and buying a spec that's poor value for money.

The one that looks best is the one that you think looks best.

steaky360

Please play nice everyone - jeffside, I'm going to close this thread, if you want to start up a new one feel free.

G

Gimpet

I have reviewed this case again and I have looked at it from a different angle. As we are not aware why Jeffside would want to build a system with an i7-7700k and his question weren't answered I can see where his frustration and manner in which he has responded have come from.In retrospect; the additional perspective seems like some of us jumped the gun and continued down this road.. Due to the course of how this has gone down and reviewing this topic again,I have lifted the temporary ban and will be PMing Jeffside with an explanation.

Just to add to the original topic - Remember that the 7th generation processors are still hotly sold by PCS and many other retailers.
The 8th Gen processors are stock limited in many places and force an z370 board with no cheaper options currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.