What PSU does the Review Spec Vanquish MKII come with

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
On selecting the defaut review £949 model it lists it comes with the VS 550W, but now when selecting the parts solo because it comes with the 760 you get the AMPS message

So say if I selected to buy the review £949 build, what PSU do you get in the build? Thanks

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Best case the car centre for a definitive answer, my guess would be the PSU with be upgraded as needed

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Sorry, using a tablet that likes to guess what I'm saying. Anyway I think you get my point, give the guys at the call centre and they can set you straight

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
You bet, thanks - just didn't know if anyone knew firsthand by having ordered one in the last month.

Will post back if I find out and no one chimes in before hand

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah do that, at least then I will know how PCS handles such scenarios, might be able to help someone out in the future

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
Just a minor update, been a busy week and not had chance to do anything with this. Had 5minutes earlier and thought I'd give Online Sales Support a try.

Heres the transcript. Summary? Not sure, going to check with Marketing Manager and email me. Initial response though was that the suitable PSU WOULDNT be included (?) Sorry for the rubbish formatting, no time to spare so just copying and pasting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: Hi - QQ. The Mini PC in the Review section, the Prodigy Vanquish MKII @ £949. What PSU is it supplied with? Currently is states its a 550W VS PSU but if you try to select the GTX760 with that separately in the configurator, you get the 'not suitable / AMPS' message? Thanks

A representative will be connected, please be patient.

Mustafa Ramzan enters the chatroom.

Mustafa Ramzan 04:19:45

Hello Tom, my name is Mustafa, how may I help you?

Tom 04:20:06

Hey Mustafa - can you see the question above? The Mini PC in the Review section, the Prodigy Vanquish MKII @ £949. What PSU is it supplied with? Currently is states its a 550W VS PSU but if you try to select the GTX760 with that separately in the configurator, you get the 'not suitable / AMPS' message

Just curious

Mustafa Ramzan 04:22:53

Just a moment please

Tom 04:22:59

No problem, thanks

Mustafa Ramzan 04:24:37

Thank you for waiting, due to the Graphic card (GTX 760) you will need to purchase a non VS Power supply

Tom 04:25:25

I realise that - so do I assume the Prodigy Vanquish in the Review section for £949 comes with a non VS PSU?

Mustafa Ramzan 04:27:53

Unfortunately yes, we had found an issue with non VS power supplies working as they should with high end Graphic cards.

Tom 04:29:17

Thats OK - I just thought I would check as currently in the default review config it states it is a 550W VS PSU that it comes supplied with. Maybe worth updating on the site?

And out of interest, if I were to order this Review Prodigy Vanquish MKII, would it be the 650W Enthusiast Series PSU it comes with or would it be something else?

Mustafa Ramzan 04:35:41

You would have to order the Corsair 650W RM Series.

Also thank you for waiting.

Tom 04:36:38

You're welcome - when you say "You would have to order the Corsair 650W RM Series", are you saying it is NOT included in the Review build bundle on the site?

Mustafa Ramzan 04:37:49

That is correct as the standard one that is listed in the review is Corsair 550W

Tom 04:39:28

OK.....although that slightly is a bit concerning - you would kind of assume if a PSU is bundled in the Review pre-built config, it would be sufficient. You're effectively saying the Review Build is £949....but to get it to work you'd need to buy another PSU (i.e. Corsair 650W RM Series)

And you can't manually change the PSU in the Review build without losing the Review Price

When the review was completed at the price it was with a Corsair 550W which we found later to be causing an issue due to not providing enough power, however I am waiting for the marketing manager to come in office so I could check with him.

Can you please confirm your full name and email address? This so I can email you once I have an update?

Tom 04:43:24

That'd be great, sure. Tom - email is: xxxxxxx

I have to go now. If you can email me confirmation when you can that'd be great

Mustafa Ramzan 04:45:37

Sure no problem

Tom 04:45:41

Thank you

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Hmm well that's quite interesting. I can't imagine they would send out the computer with an unsuitable PSU, the question is do they offer you the chance to upgrade for a small fee (seems sensible) or do they just stop selling it all together. The one thing they cant do is send it out with a dodgy PSU, so I will definitely be interested to hear the outcome.

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
Hmm. No answer to me by email but seems they've removed it from sale today, guessing due to today's chat cited above.

Pity - good spec and review build otherwise.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Hmm... I would give it a day or two in order to hear back, could take a few days to iron it out behind the scenes, someone should get back to you. If not it might be worth giving them a call again and saying you will pay the fee to upgrade to the better PSU, would seem like the obvious solution.

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
I received an email yesterday, simply stating...

Dear User,

Unfortunately due to the PSU issue this item is no longer available.

If I can assist you any further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

--------

A definite shame, since they now have no Mini PC Review builds, and you'd think its be a good audience to appeal to.

Equally - creating an note on the original review about the PSU change and a slight price markup may have made more sense then simply removing it. That said, it can't have been THAT popular if they changed the PSU AMP's GTX760 compatibility a month or two back and they only noticed / removed this build when I queried it via chat on Thursday.

Just me then :) - my Mini PC hunt will continue though!

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
I received an email yesterday, simply stating...

Dear User,

Unfortunately due to the PSU issue this item is no longer available.

If I can assist you any further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

--------

A definite shame, since they now have no Mini PC Review builds, and you'd think its be a good audience to appeal to.

Equally - creating an note on the original review about the PSU change and a slight price markup may have made more sense then simply removing it. That said, it can't have been THAT popular if they changed the PSU AMP's GTX760 compatibility a month or two back and they only noticed / removed this build when I queried it via chat on Thursday.

Just me then :) - my Mini PC hunt will continue though!

A postive update to this post / thread --- seems PCS have just added this to their Review Machines. A fantastic looking alternative to the delisted one and one that pretty much matches my spec wish list and budget!

Coming up at £849
Getting on this :)

Case
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Case (Black)

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® H81I-PLUS: Mini-ITX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Free Item

Free Item
FREE ASSASSINS CREED BLACK FLAG with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET (£79)

Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Seidon 120M High Performance CPU Cooler (£39)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Power Cable
1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days