What SSD and GFX Card should I upgrade to?

InternetKillTV

Hi guys, looking to finally buying myself an SSD and new GFX card for my desktop for a little christmas present :) I'm not very experienced on makes etc when it comes to SSD's so I need some tips.

If it's any use, current PC specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.00Ghz
Ram: 16GB
GFX Card: Nvidia GTX560 2GB
ASUS® M5A78L-M/USB3: M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s
600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

Most of all I want to know what SSD I should get. I want enough to install Windows 7 and Guild Wars 2 (The loading screens, it's getting too much :D)

I also can't decide whether or not I should get a Nvidia 670 or 680 or should I get something else?

I don't want to spend more than £400 on the two so please make sure you recommend the best bang for buck :D

Thanks guys :)

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

I think most people will tell you the GTX670 is the card to get. It is so close in performance to the 680 but it's about £80 less to buy.

I hear good things about the Intel SSDs. There are different ranges with different read/write speeds. I'm sure there are plenty of other good brands out there but I don't have much feedback on those to pass on.

You should be able to get a 120GB SSD and a GTX670 for £400. I think 120GB should be enough space.

baron75mk2

Banned
go for a GTX 670 its cheaper than a GTX 680 & performs nearly as well - as for the ssd i cant help you there , im still a fan of the standard HDD :eek: