Whats the best CM headset? looking to get one!

KaneMac

Enthusiast
try, control panel, hardware and sound, device manager, sound, video and game controllers.

Have a look there, see what is listed. You will probably see realtek something and also your usb device (headset)

double click it, then driver, and uninstall. Then Turn the PC off and On again to confirm. (remove the headset when you do this)

then, turn it off again and plug the headset back in again. As you get into windows try your headset before reinstalling the realtek drivers, (download the latest ones) if it doesnt work, then try the realtek drivers.

I wonder if it is a setting somewhere that is causing it?

Nope, my headset is not listed. In audio devises ir detects headphones as speakers not my actual headset. This is very strange, have no idea what I can do.

Last edited:

KaneMac

Enthusiast
Just had a though, could it be one of my fans causing this static sound, as lots of air comes from where the sockets are?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Just had a though, could it be one of my fans causing this static sound, as lots of air comes from where the sockets are?

hmm, you could the headset in the case usb ports. But I don't think the fans will cause static. USB is supposed to be very very clean.

KaneMac

Enthusiast
hmm, you could the headset in the case usb ports. But I don't think the fans will cause static. USB is supposed to be very very clean.

I sent a email to the makers of my headset (Roccat) and this is what they told me to try -

This phenomenon can happen with surround headsets that are not only connected to the PC via USB, but also via an analog input (jack plug). This sound is in fact caused by an electromagnetic pulse that occurs when an electrical current runs through metal. These unwanted audio signals can occur if the components in your computer - such as your sound card, fan, graphic card, etc. - are close together.

Some sound cards have an option that can counteract this problem called "PC Beep". Please have a look at your audio settings, which you can find in the system management or in your sound card's driver.

Here's an example of the option you need, which you can find with a simple online search:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/345503905_ea309b0393.jpg?v=0
http://ipggi.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/pc_beep.jpg

You could also try using a different USB port.
Another possible source of the problem: If there's a cordless telephone or base station near the Kave (i.e. on your desk), the radio signal might be creating interference. If this is the case, please pick a more distant position for it.

You can also have a look at your "Control Panel" under "Sounds" (or at your sound card's driver). If there's a flag entitled "Digital E/A", make sure it's turned off.

If none of these things solve the problem and your PC only has an onboard soundcard, then I suggest you try using it with an internal soundcard for optimal quality.

I tired disabling the audio beep which does nothing, and have no idea what they mean on the internal soundcard soloution. What do u think?

KaneMac

Enthusiast
I think they might have meant an external sound card?
Still,not an ideal solution.

Yeah, not a very good and practical solution. Think i will have to just have to get a seperate microphone and use a good sett of headphones. Should do the job. Thanks mate

tom_gr7

Life Serving
odd that they suggest you use a soundcard... but USB headsets dont work in conjunction with soundcards lol.

KaneMac

Enthusiast
odd that they suggest you use a soundcard... but USB headsets dont work in conjunction with soundcards lol.

Haha, just what I thought, think I will have to get a separate microphone and use my a normal sett of headphones. Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Haha, just what I thought, think I will have to get a separate microphone and use my a normal sett of headphones. Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it :)

I wouldn't settle mate, try and return the headset to the retailer.

As far as I know, USB headsets are supposed to have very little interference.