What's the best way to sell my old PC once my new one from PCS arrives?

SteveWT

I've just ordered a new PC which should be with me in a week or two. What's a good way to sell my old PC? eBay would be my usual route but their fees are very high. I really don't to break it up and sell the parts. It's an NVidia 3090TI. AMD 5600x3d, 32Gb, 2TB SDD in a white Lian Li case.

Any advice appreciated

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey SteveWT,

Sadly we don't allow sales of components or systems on the forum but I think you're best bet would be either eBay as a whole system or parts.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Does Exchange & Mart still exist, or was that replaced with the wild-west of Facebook Marketplace?

You could also try your local CEX (never sold anything other than a iPhone/iPad to them though, so don't know if they do full systems).

But you may find you get better value by selling the components seperately. You might get as much for the GPU as for the system as a whole.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I would check that part list before you do, though. I find it quite unlikely you have a 5600X3D as that was a very limited and very recent run of chips sold only in the USA at Microcenter. Not impossible that you've got hold of one, but surprising!

SteveWT

That's a fair question. I bought it from PCS in Nov 2020 but I have always upgraded every 3 years. It can't keep up anymore with the oversampling I'm using in my VR headset at medium to high gfx settings in iRacing.com.

This is the 'check my specs' thread for my new PC: