What's the difference between the 17.3" Elmina and Elmina Pro?

Fuzzball

Bronze Level Poster
Looking to get a new 17.3" gaming laptop after my last PCS one of four and a half years has completely died. Glad that the RTX 3000 series mobile GPUs have just been announced. I'm thinking I will probably go for the Defiance, but was looking at all the options available.

I'm not hugely knowledgeable about the fine details of things, so I just can't work out what's the difference between the Elmina and Elmina Pro. They have the same screen and and GPU, but the Elmina Pro possibly has a worse CPU? (That's from my very limited understanding looking at the numbers.) Also the Elmina has a "multi-colour" keyboard while the Elmina Pro has a "single zone RGB" keyboard. (Don't know what the difference is there, but it is a difference apparently!)

Yet the Elmina Pro is more expensive by standard, despite having (in my limited understanding) worse hardware? Is there something I'm getting wrong here?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Not a lot of difference in price when you start to build it up

Here’s some comparisons of the new models out:

Personal speculation is they’re using up stock and the Pro might eventually get a 1440p screen like the 15” version has

Warning though the Pro 17” is a TongFang chassis. Suggest you do a search on here for some comments about TongFang.

Also I suggest asking PCS when the AMDs might be coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk