When can we expect next-gen networking cards like Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 or Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650?

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
I was just reading the announcements on tech news websites for Intel's 9th gen mobile processors and a lot of them also included the news ofIntel AX200 wi-fi cards.
I personally don't think these cards would make much of a difference in general anyway, (ethernet connection is always the most optimal choice) but nonetheless, how often does PCS update these wi-fi cards. I read that some alienware laptops are already shipping with these wi-fi cards so I was just wondering how that kind of stuff works.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS are usually pretty quick to adopt new technologies, but it’s not something we can really answer, best bet is to speak to them.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You'll need a (new) 802.11ax router/access point to fully exploit the AX200 and (AFAIK) there aren't many of those around at the moment.

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
You'll need a (new) 802.11ax router/access point to fully exploit the AX200 and (AFAIK) there aren't many of those around at the moment.
Yeah you're absolutely right. I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest. Now that you said what you said and I looked around on Virgin Media's forums, the routers are at least 6 months away so it wouldn't make a difference in the end. Not in the near future