When my Pension lump sum comes in at the end of January....

kernow657

Case COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Six Core i7-3930K (3.2GHz @ max 4.6GHz)
Motherboard ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79: SOCKET 2011, R.O.G
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST QUAD-DDR3 1866MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
3rd Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
4th Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Power Supply CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR (£159)
Processor Cooling Corsair H80 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£69)
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio (£28) *SPECIAL*
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D 27" - 2560 x 1440, 5MS, DVI-D, HDMI (£579)

Built to last!

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
If this is just for gaming there are a lot of things that are overkill.

- You don't need more than 16GB RAM even if you are video editing
- Overclocking is not necessary for gaming
- I'd recommend SLI GTX 670 instead. The 680s are only marginally more powerful and a lot more expensive. You'd only get a 4-5 fps improvement. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-review,3200-5.html
- You could use the money saved to get caviar black drives instead of the std ones.

kernow657

Makes sense. My own use will be gaming and image processing, however my boy is a DJ who does a LOT of mixing, and keeps going on about more this, more that. So thought I'd get something he could get his teeth into! LOL

What is with Cornish lads wanting to be Djs? (assumption from the name) Tell the little nipper that you can run the majority of software on really old laptops/ computers. Audio editing is not that demanding. After my brother complained his laptop was to slow (he had it in power saving mode the idiot) i took some old laptops and a umpc (samsung q1 ultra) They all ran the mixing deck (a £600 jobbey) and the mixing software fine also a editing suite was demonstrated working beautifully. My one concession is that ssd will improve any editing, even sata III drives are rubbish compared to ssd! So no need for a fancy machine just a £200 laptop and a new hard drive! (and if anyone one was wondering the Q1 ran everything lovely because it already has a ssd.