When touching keys the touchpad stops working [cosmos vi]

So, my sister is trying to play minecraft but when you press a key the touchpad doesn't work, even when set in the settings to have "No delay (always on)" there are no other settings because this is a precision touchpad, but still is there a work around, I will try putting creators update on the laptop but I don't think it will fix it

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
If it's a synaptics touch pad, there should be a setting called Palm Check that is designed to turn the touchpad off when typing (well make it less sensitive) so you can't accidentally move the pointer.

2017-05-26 08_51_46-Properties for Synaptics TouchPad V7.5 on PS_2 Port.png

If it's a synaptics touch pad, there should be a setting called Palm Check that is designed to turn the touchpad off when typing (well make it less sensitive) so you can't accidentally move the pointer.

View attachment 10309

I installed the driver, but there is no applet because it's a precision track pad, can't change any settings because there is no control panel, nothing in the Clevo Control centre either, carting a mouse around is a bit tiresome =(

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So, my sister is trying to play minecraft but when you press a key the touchpad doesn't work, even when set in the settings to have "No delay (always on)" there are no other settings because this is a precision touchpad, but still is there a work around, I will try putting creators update on the laptop but I don't think it will fix it

I would advise against trying that. In the first place it's never wise to upgrade a computer that you know is having issues, and secondly Creator's Update has been pulled by Microsoft (AFAIK) because it has too many issues.

I would give PCS a call ask ask for their assistance.