Whenever I use a screen recoreder it only captures part of my screen? Help

Hi so when I try and use any screen recording program it only captures part of my screen, how do I fix this?
funyscaling.JPG

The programs i have used are OBS, FFsplit and the one in over wolf but it works in Skype.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Have you tried to capture something other than a copyright stream? :)
The only other thing to try is if your running more than two monitors, make sure you don't have them mixed up. I have before, my main monitor is actually 2

Not quote sure what you mean by copyright stream and i have managed to get an old version of ffsplit working so its not the me getting the monitors the wrong way round, though it may be me messing up a setting.

LFFPicard

Godlike
As in BBC iplayer.

If your looking to stream games then use game capture, it is much more reliable. All you need to do is run the game and then setup the game capture options, if you try and do it before launching the game it wont show in the capture list. The only downside is having a different scene for every game, or you could just add them all to one scene and select/de-select appropriately

LFFPicard

Godlike
Well Monitor capture is prone to issues as a number of things can scramble the image, like coded streams etc.
I only use Monitor capture on really old games like when I done a Theme Hospital stint, as OBS could not pick up the game in game capture mode. Even that was a issue as it kept going blank like your having, took a number of restarts of the game and alt+tabbing to get it to capture.