Where best to position PC Tower

Zl84

Essentially I made a worktop desk from one wall to the other one approx. 2.5 meters in width x 61cm deep; As the pc tower itself is just shy of 60cm its a squeeze to position it perpendicular due to the wires at the back whilst being mindful of ventilation. I was think of positioning it either diagonally from one end of the desk with the back facing the corner or having it lengthways along the wall?

which do you think is more ideal, or indeed if I could have the pc tower at 58cm to fit perpendicular so as to save space.

thanks

Attachments

• 20160922_001340.pdf
    973.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Depends what else you need to arrange on your desk. Diagonally doesn't sound like the best use of space.

I'm pretty ignorant of fluid dynamics but I imagine unless the rear exhaust fan is really obstructed it shouldn't matter too much, and assuming you have positive pressure any reduction in airflow exhausting from that fan would just result in the air exhausting from elsewhere in the case, perhaps a little less optimally if its hot air off the CPU cooler , but I doubt it would be too bad a problem.

You could just try it perpendicular with the wall, maybe with the front sticking out over the edge of the desk a bit (I assume the feet of your case aren't at the very front) and just see how you get on with temps. I also assume you don't have your desk right up against the wall and have a cm or two spare at the back for your cables to run down, so you get a bit of further bonus space at the back.