Where can I buy Gears of War for a reasonable price?

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Steam don't have it, Amazon only have used copy's which I assume won't work?, Play have it but it's over £40:nono:

kieranl

i've been buying 2nd hand games all my life (and also trading mine in)

if you go down to a store i'm sure you can buy them cheap but i can guarentee you the game will work (and most places have a long warrenty on them)

one reason for this is because when you want to trade your games in they have to be in very good condition or they won't take them due to the possibility of them not working, sometimes they knock of £2/3 for their disc cleaning service to make them better

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
@kieranI - I wasn't so much worried about the condition of the disc. It was the fact that pc games have product keys you need to enter and I assume they only work once?

@Monkey - Doh! Didn't even think to look there. However it's still too expensive for my liking (£20). Considering you can pick the xbox version up for about £5.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
that's only for online play

so i depends really

I bought Dead Island (2nd hand) and I was unable to install it. The installation requested me to create a Steam account and enter the product key, then the installation could not continue because the key used was link to another Steam account. Contacted customer support and was told it is non transferable. I guess it depends on the game, I had the same issue with Battlefield 2 (2nd hand again) it will not let me play online but it will allow me to play offline, however it is possible to transfer the key but it will take half an hour through customer support to verify you have the cd and link your account.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I have Gears 2nd hand but it won't get past installation on my Windows 7 64bit. Not tried again but it said something about a write error at 99% and rolled back the install. Need to try it again.