Where is bullguard?

m.kwood

Hi all,
Just received my pc and when I ordered it, it said it came with a 90 day trial of bullguard. However, now I've plugged in and set up my pc, I cant seem to find it installed? Do I have to download it separately? I'm not too fussed if I don't have it as I was gonna download AVG after the free trial anyway, but I just want to know why it doesn't seem to be on my pc.

steaky360

It may not be installed by default, you may have a link in some correspondence from PCS.

However, I'd urge you not to bother, Bulldog is pretty poor and seems to cause issues with other software. I'd recommend you stick with Windows Defender in all honesty, its perfectly fine for most uses (and its free :))

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi all,
Just received my pc and when I ordered it, it said it came with a 90 day trial of bullguard. However, now I've plugged in and set up my pc, I cant seem to find it installed? Do I have to download it separately? I'm not too fussed if I don't have it as I was gonna download AVG after the free trial anyway, but I just want to know why it doesn't seem to be on my pc.
We wouldn't tend to recommend using bullguard anyway. Windows defender works just as effectively and has minimal impact on your PC as it's designed to work natively with Windows. Bullguard will cause the system to slow down and can cause instability. If you press the windows key then type "uninstall" I'd see if it appears in the uninstall window and uninstall if it does.

That dang green bar!

m.kwood

It may not be installed by default, you may have a link in some correspondence from PCS.

However, I'd urge you not to bother, Bulldog is pretty poor and seems to cause issues with other software. I'd recommend you stick with Windows Defender in all honesty, its perfectly fine for most uses (and its free :))
Okay! Thats fine by me. Thanks for the advice :)

m.kwood

Don’t mean to beat you over the head with it but I definitely wouldn’t recommend heading down this route. Avast own AVG and have been spying on user browsing data for years. AgentCooper no likey that.
Wait really? I have been using AVG for years as it is just simple and easy, I had no idea about that :(

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Wait really? I have been using AVG for years as it is just simple and easy, I had no idea about that :(
I’m afraid so, amigo 👎

m.kwood

I’m afraid so, amigo 👎

Damn, thats disappointing :( guess I'll just stick with the Windows one then. Is that something thats on my computer automatically? Or something I have to install?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Windows Security is built in to the OS, and designed to work with the rest of the OS, so very unlikely to cause any incompatibilities...which we couldn't say abut most other aftermarket offerings (free or otherwise).

Just one part of it is the old Windows Defender (anti-virus package), the other parts are things like ransomware protection, protected memory controls, controlled folder access, etc.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

This^^^^

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Damn, thats disappointing :( guess I'll just stick with the Windows one then. Is that something thats on my computer automatically? Or something I have to install?
It’s already installed, if you click on your start icon and start typing ‘security’ you can navigate to it and check its active / updated. You should also be able to find it in the tray near the clock.

Defender is perfectly competent, much better than it was in the Windows 7 days.

Just remember, your best defence against viruses… is you. Safe browsing practices will make for a happy system 🙂👍