Where is the GTX 580M?

After Glow

I've been planning to order a Vortex II for quite a while now and I'm literally a week or so from finally doing it. So I go to check the specs again and all of a sudden the 580M isnt an option for the 17.3? However on the 15.6 you can still select it. Please don't tell me it's no longer available for the 17.3. I've been waiting to get it for ages.

Thanks.

AndyL

Its probably a problem with the configurator, as its available for the 3D 17" Vortex. Im sure PCS or Meds will see this thread and sort it out. :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The GTX 580M for the 17.3" Vortex II has sold out. There are however a small quantity left for the 17.3" Vortex 3D (but hurry as these will soon be gone too).

We will have the Vortex III in about a month with the GTX 670M/675M :)

After Glow

The GTX 580M for the 17.3" Vortex II has sold out. There are however a small quantity left for the 17.3" Vortex 3D (but hurry as these will soon be gone too).

We will have the Vortex III in about a month with the GTX 670M/675M :)

Hold on... 'Sold out' as in there won't be anymore coming? I was literally about to order the Vortex II 17.3" with the GTX 580M. Please don't tell me thats no longer an option :/

I REALLY don't want to have to wait another month to order and I doubt I'll be able to stretch my budget to afford the new Vortex. But the 580M is pretty essential for my laptop.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm afraid so, sorry. However, you have the following options:

1. Order the 17.3" Vortex 3D (the cost is very similar).
2. Order the 15.6" Vortex II
3. Wait for the 17.3" Vortex III (pricing will be similar).

AndyL

I think I know what I would do! - wait for Vortex 3 (its going to be a beast! :))

After Glow

Any idea how similar the price will be for the Vortex III with the new GPU compared to the Vortex II with the 580M? I don't really want to wait and then discover that it's too expensive.

Thanks

After Glow

Why don't you consider the HD 6990M? The performance on the 6990M has long been discussed on our forums and some customers feel it is better (and cheaper) than the 580M. Here's a review on Toms Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6990m-geforce-gtx-580m-deception,3118-9.html

I have given it some thought but tbh, if the new GPUs are only around the corner I think I should just hold out until then. Will the new stuff (Vortex III, GTX 600 series) DEFINITELY be available next month or is that just an estimated time?

Thanks.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
At the moment it is estimated. We're not allowed to launch anything at present at the NDA dates have not been lifted.

beanruz

im currently holding out for the Skyfire 2 to return and price one of them up. however looking at this its going to be totally different? are prices going to be the same-ish? don't want to hold out to find that its no longer in my price range.