Where to start?

Tweenie

I am not (yet) a gamer, but I have a new PC which needs some exercise. I can't see me contending for internet honours but I can see myself enjoying shooting a few aliens on occasion. I would like suggestions for suitable games that would run under Windows 7 64bit, and would not outrun my 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5850 GPU.
Thanks in anticipation.
John

Xavien

Enthusiast
Well a bit tough to say because it depends on your gaming interests but heres a list of games ive played this year and beyond that ive enjoyed.

Mass Effect 2 (would play the first one first though)
Mafia 2
Aliens vs. Predator
Just Cause 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead 2
STALKER - Call of Pripyat
Dragon Age
Kane and Lynch 2
Borderlands

Im also shortly going to play Alpha Protocol and Assassins Creed 2 but cant comment on those just yet

Quander

The first Mass Effect - Best game ever made.

I second that - simple yet awesome graphics and enough of all aspects to keep most gaming genre addicts happy.

Also Blacksite Area 51 - been out a bit but graphics also awesome and much killing required.

If you are keen on the more puzzle side - the Tombraider series - Anniversary being the latest well worth a look.

Bioshock and the Call of Duty series def of the FPS nature if your into killing things ;)

I am playing Age Of Conan - MMORPG for the last 2yrs odd and the graphics and game play are ace been a Guild Leader in it for the last 1.5yrs. The gaming mechanisms are easy to learn and the difficulty curve is just right to train you as you progress through your levels - Youtube any of the above and def Age of Conan.

Have fun :cool: