Which external DVD/CD Read/Writer

jon529320

Hi
Can anyone suggest an external USB Drive for use with my Optimus Laptop? I have tried a Samsung Ultra Slim External DVD Writer but I have now returned it as it failed to come up and stay on.
I would like to take advantage of the USB 3.0 s on the laptop but I'd settle for a USB 2.0 version.

It will need to work with Windows 10 and run on region 2 (or have the option to switch to 2).
Thanks for any help.
John

Stephen M

Author Level
I have several Seagate USB external drives and all have been fine. Don't know about Windows, am a Linux user, and always wipe any software that come with the drive but have had no problems.

jon529320

Thanks for the post.
Sorry Stephen I appear to have created a confusion.
I am looking for a DVD/CD Read/Writer to connect to my laptop via a USB 3.0 port.
Do you have any experience with these?
I tried a Samsung slim line but it failed to stay on coming up then failing - so I have returned it to Amazon.
I am attempting to install software which is all on DVD/CDs
Cheers
John

Stephen M

Author Level
I have a Samsung slimline from PCS which I ordered with my Octane. It has been fine for me, I used it for the OS install but cannot say about it with Windows. It may be a driver thing with Windows as it has been fine for my use, have created a few CD/DVD with it using Ubuntu. Sorry that is not a lot of help.