Which Gaming Keyboard

Camerashy

Silver Level Poster
Hi - I've never been into gaming but now that my new computer will run games fairly well I'd like to give them a go. So which gaming keyboard do you use or would recommend.
Thanks
Dave

Matt

Bright Spark
I use a logitech G11, its a solid keyboard but i think there are better logitech versions out now, such as the G15. :)

Zeplini

ideazon.jpg

my beauty, love it have trashed a g15 and 2 Zboards on the way to this one lol

Sweeney47

oops, just dropped my keyboard down the stairs... then if that wasnt bad enough my brother was throwing his weights down at the exact same time and crushed it... have to get a new one now :(

LDUK

Master Poster
I don't get it, what does a gaming keyboard have that a normal one doesn't. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I've always had a normal keyboard.

steveuk87

Super Star
position of the keys are better and you cans tore hotkeys and macros.. some of them even have lcd displays that lets you know what friends are online and where!!

Steve

Sweeney47

mine has clock display, CPU+RAM usage monitors, certain programs have support for example TS and Vent shows you who is talking, Core Temp supports it allowing you to monitor temperatures. Add to that 18 programmable keys etc. Backlighting so can see in the dark. Ability to lock the windows key so that if you accidently press it in game it wont minimise. and possibly more :p

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
I have the merc zboard (not the stealth with the flashy lights) but its a godsend. Used to play fps with the arrow keys, just could not get used to aswd, so the gaming keys on the left are fantastic for fps and mmo's. Will not try any other board unless they adopt the same key set up on the left. :)

Sweeney47

I had the original Z-board with the inter-changeable keysets. Having the BF2 ones with the pre-programed keys was awesome. Essentially the numpad was removed, the rest of the keyboard was shifted across and then the gamer pad was added next to it with useful buttons around the arrows such as flares for chopper+Jet, parachute etc. But in the end the gimmik wore off and the drivers and having to change keys all the time got annoying and I went for the G15...

LDUK

Master Poster
Wow. Talk about eat your own words lol. I still think I'll stick to the average keyboard. Don't want to become dependant on these fancy ones, have it break and have to fork out on a new one lol.

Rakk

The Awesome
I still think I'll stick to the average keyboard. Don't want to become dependant on these fancy ones, have it break and have to fork out on a new one lol.

Yeah, I'm happily sticking to a crappy boring normal keyboard - that only costs a tenner to replace if I break it.

I can manage everything I need on this one anyway :) - I don't use the mouse much at all when gaming so the cursor keys are in just the right place for movement for me.