Which mouse for gaming?

EYEONME

I Know there are loads of mice everyone plays with, but which do you use and why? I need some feedback as I would like to buy one soon.

Thanks.

steaky360

I Know there are loads of mice everyone plays with, but which do you use and why? I need some feedback as I would like to buy one soon.

Thanks.

I have got a Razer Mamba (2012) with my PC from PCS and I am extremely happy with it. Very smooth on all surfaces I have tried it on and the on the fly adjustable accuracy is great.

Although there are a few great mice out there, I guess it really depends on your budget as to what to go for?

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
Bought the Logitech Performance Mouse MX for my new Vortex III and it works like a charm, although it's not made specifically for gaming its served me well so far!

Narcotics

Rising Star
Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse because it's cheap and works real good just look at the customer reviews on amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharkoon-Fi...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1344172825&sr=1-1

Features:

Laser mouse with 7 buttons (6 of them freely programmable)
DPI switch with color display (6 steps) Resolution Switch Button : 600 to 3600 DPI
Weight tuning system (max. 19.5 g)
On-board memory for macros
Smooth running and finely adjustable scroll wheel
Ergonomic design for convenient handling
Special grip areas offering maximum hold
Ideal for professional applications and gaming

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I've got the Cyborg MMO 7 because it looks sick, and is customizable (led's/weight/size/length/style of some grips). It has lots of buttons, looks sick and the ability to switch up to 3 profiles on the fly. I wasn't sure what mouse to get because I wanted one capable of FPS & MMO's and looked awesome, I was going to settle with a Razer Naga but then I found the MMO 7 at the gadget show and it caters for both very well! Oh, and did I mention how sick it looks.

EYEONME

I've got the Cyborg MMO 7 because it looks sick, and is customizable (led's/weight/size/length/style of some grips). It has lots of buttons, looks sick and the ability to switch up to 3 profiles on the fly. I wasn't sure what mouse to get because I wanted one capable of FPS & MMO's and looked awesome, I was going to settle with a Razer Naga but then I found the MMO 7 at the gadget show and it caters for both very well! Oh, and did I mention how sick it looks.
I have read loads of reviews about cyborg and they all seem to say the twin laser are not great?!

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Well on the Boeing 747 sized mouse pad I got free with it (Cyborg Glide) I've never had a problem unless some crumbs or something get on it, in which case I just wipe them off.

Tracker

Enthusiast
The sharkoon is quite cheap, and it does do what it says on the box, but if you're investing in a serious mouse I wouldn't bother with it, the plasticky coating feels cheap, offers little grip, the weight adjuster in the bottom is more of a gimmick than anything, and the mouse can be quite temperemental with profile switching.

I personally use a Razr deathadder, good solid mouse and big enough for my hands, but the Wow MMo mice, Rat 7 and razer lachersis are all very good mice too, if all on the more expensive side of things.

I've got a microsoft sidewinder X5 ( i think it's called.. X5 mouse) and that's a very solid little mouse, comfortabely ergonomic and it's reasonabley cheap to pick up too.

the mouse you want depends on what you play, for mmo's the wow mmo mouse suits me great, but for fps's i'll use my deathadder, or even my Sidewinder X5 mouse.. the rat's are always a good choice, they get very solid reviews.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Ive got the Gigabyte M8000X which i won from PCS, and its awesome, very comfortable although my next mouse is probably going to be the white RAT mouse

tfcoulson

Silver Level Poster
Logitech performance mx. Ive had two of these now, think they are awesome. Good for everyday use and gaming. I dislike dedicated gaming mouses, I find them too responsive on fps's, trying to aim at a specific point and its like a pendulum swinging until you eventually centre on it.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
PCWorld or currys would usually have a small selection of mice somewhere in the store, there is definitely some in Currys, Lakeside, but thats across the bridge, but they'll have some in most tech shops, Maplin may be an even better bet tbh

rickne

Master Poster
Logitech G500 for me. Love the release mechanism on the scroll wheel. I can zip down pages web pages now :p

Agito

Silver Level Poster
I'm using an A4Tech x7 that I bought maybe 3 years ago. Not too many buttons, not too heavy, very well designed which makes it easy to lift, doesn't feel like a bar of soap in your hand, different DPI modes easily adjustable with one click. Its an old mouse, but it definitely does its part.

8175_8503.jpg

Same as my model, I just have different mesh on the side.

iBushay

Bronze Level Poster
Logitech G500 is what i have and it is great!

I have the logitech g400 gaming mouse,

some tips I would use when buying a mouse are;

a) look for one with high or changeable dpi
b) also look for one based on what kind of games you will be playing, if for example like me you play world of warcraft then every mouse click is your friend, so try get one with more buttons
c) also I would look for an ergonomic one, you don't want one that's going to be uncomfortable for you to keep your hand on after a few hours

some other additional features you could look for are weight variations or mice that have changeable weights.