White boxes instead of text in browser.

JackCato440

Wish I took a screenshot but when i turned my PC on today firefox decided that some letters seemingly at random were gonna be small white boxes instead, thought nothing of it and that it was just firefox glitching but after booting up a game and it instantly crashing followed with my discord being filled with random black boxes around the edges. Restart my PC and it seems to have gone away but I am a bit worried now. Had a windows update last night if that means anything. Since restarting i've played 2 games including the one that instantly crashed and ran furmark for a few minutes so i'm guessing it's not hardware related otherwise it would've popped up again surely? Just wondering if there's anything i can do about it other than waiting for it to happen again.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wish I took a screenshot but when i turned my PC on today firefox decided that some letters seemingly at random were gonna be small white boxes instead, thought nothing of it and that it was just firefox glitching but after booting up a game and it instantly crashing followed with my discord being filled with random black boxes around the edges. Restart my PC and it seems to have gone away but I am a bit worried now. Had a windows update last night if that means anything. Since restarting i've played 2 games including the one that instantly crashed and ran furmark for a few minutes so i'm guessing it's not hardware related otherwise it would've popped up again surely? Just wondering if there's anything i can do about it other than waiting for it to happen again.
Maybe worth cleaning your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling.

This can happen sometimes where a windows update or graphics driver update not clean installed can cause artifacting.

As you say though, furmark will usually highlight if it’s a hardware issue, the fact it passed that suggests not.

Just worth monitoring your gpu and cpu temps perhaps over the next day or so just to be sure there’s no thermal issues. Depending on the cpu cooler you have, it could be a pump failure or something that could cause these kinds of symptoms.

Also if you check your update history and see which one applied last night, may well be related to that, we can google for any known issues

JackCato440

Maybe worth cleaning your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling.

This can happen sometimes where a windows update or graphics driver update not clean installed can cause artifacting.

As you say though, furmark will usually highlight if it’s a hardware issue, the fact it passed that suggests not.

Just worth monitoring your gpu and cpu temps perhaps over the next day or so just to be sure there’s no thermal issues. Depending on the cpu cooler you have, it could be a pump failure or something that could cause these kinds of symptoms.

Also if you check your update history and see which one applied last night, may well be related to that, we can google for any known issues
Temps are fine though haven't tried anything that actually pushes the cpu to high temps, will try DDU. Couldn't find any info on the 2 updates going to assume they only came out yesterday when i installed them and theres no info yet.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Temps are fine though haven't tried anything that actually pushes the cpu to high temps, will try DDU.
You can only test temps with known loads ie 100% useage or idling. Outside of that is an unknown quantity that has no relevance.

So a stress test like cinebench or Prime95 is really handy on CPU

JackCato440

You can only test temps with known loads ie 100% useage or idling. Outside of that is an unknown quantity that has no relevance.

So a stress test like cinebench or Prime95 is really handy on CPU
I have it undervolted and capped at 90c, all cores got to 90c on cinebench at 100% and I got a score of 19500 on 7700x which i think is about average, couldn't see any glitching either.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have it undervolted and capped at 90c, all cores got to 90c on cinebench at 100% and I got a score of 19500 on 7700x which i think is about average, couldn't see any glitching either.
Cool, so the thermal limit is 95, so that's fine, it's got some headroom.