White square artifacts then automatic restart after 1 year use of my Octane III

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You may want to try some stress tests/benchmarks. e.g. Firestrike's stability test and benchmarks.

See if that provokes the issue.

Icpmcp

You may want to try some stress tests/benchmarks. e.g. Firestrike's stability test and benchmarks.

See if that provokes the issue.

Ok here's what I ran:

1.) Normal Firestrike Benchmark: Went perfectly fine. No errors.

2.) Normal Firestrike Stress Test: Completed without errors.

3.) Immediately after the normal Firestrike I ran Firestrike Ultra which produced the same artifacts after 10-20 seconds of the second cycle.

I didn't have my phone near me so I couldn't make a photo of it before the Pc automatically restarted though but it was exactly the same pattern that I get when playing Eve actively e.g. it looks the exact same as in the earlier screens but with firestrike in the background.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Then I'd second the suggestion to call PCS and see what they have to suggest. At least you know it's not just one game, although that's probably not good news I'm afraid.

One other thing you could try with your clean Windows install that you've done is to remove the drivers with DDU again and reinstall an older version of the drivers. Maybe from several months ago (they have driver versions going back about a year on the Nvidia site) https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk and see if it does anything.

Icpmcp

Then I'd second the suggestion to call PCS and see what they have to suggest. At least you know it's not just one game, although that's probably not good news I'm afraid.

One other thing you could try with your clean Windows install that you've done is to remove the drivers with DDU again and reinstall an older version of the drivers. Maybe from several months ago (they have driver versions going back about a year on the Nvidia site) https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk and see if it does anything.

Alright I went and did a clean install of older drivers.

I went with the 388 Drivers from the 23rd of October 2017

Here is what I ran:

1) Firestrike Benchmark test:

Demo video completed fine.

Right at the end of graphics test 1 the artifacts appeared again, screen froze just like on all other occurrences and then I restarted the pc by hand after a minute of staring at the frozen, artifact-filled screen.

I guess this makes it a hardware issue then ?

Additionally I can't even call PCS right now since they apparently are not there on weekends. Guess I'll just have to wait till monday.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Alright I went and did a clean install of older drivers.

I went with the 388 Drivers from the 23rd of October 2017

Here is what I ran:

1) Firestrike Benchmark test:

Demo video completed fine.

Right at the end of graphics test 1 the artifacts appeared again, screen froze just like on all other occurrences and then I restarted the pc by hand after a minute of staring at the frozen, artifact-filled screen.

I guess this makes it a hardware issue then ?

Additionally I can't even call PCS right now since they apparently are not there on weekends. Guess I'll just have to wait till monday.

I think that it's extremely likely to be a hardware problem based on the extensive testing you've done. Sorry.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok that means there's nothing I can do except wait till Monday then I guess.

Thanks for the help.

Well done for troubleshooting so thoroughly, takes some serious patience, and I’m sorry the answer doesn’t look better but at least you’ve narrowed it down to a particular set of stresses that cause it, which should help PCS. Refer them to this thread so they can see what you’ve already done.