Why does everyone always choose INTEL instead of AMD?

iTzMEKKAOUI

Gold Level Poster
Im KINDA new to custom building Computers, and i'm just wondering why everyone always goes with Intel instead of AMD?
Personally i think AMD is better because of the Price ect...

iTzMEKKAOUI

Gold Level Poster
But amd is still Powerfull and Last's as long as Intel, and the price is well Good!:p
i dunno, i just prefer intel:')

Rakk

The Awesome
i just prefer intel:')
I assume this was a slip in typing given your previous comments :)

Personally I prefer Intel, the only AMD I ever had was a complete pain in the neck and I've never had problems with Intels :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I had an AMD Athlon dual core 6000+ as my last processor and it lasted ages, never had any problems with it, but I just like the i series, I have an i5 in my macbook pro and its so quick so for me going with something I know and going for the i7 seems natural.

I dont think I have a problem with amd though.

JSG10

Expert
Had both, not had a problem with either. Currently using AMD as it gave me all the power I required for less money.
At present people are choosing Intel over AMD simply because of the newer Sandybridge CPUs Intel have released which are fantastic processors. Just awaiting AMDs Bulldozer release if they ever pull their fingers out.

Matt

Bright Spark
Had both. First cpu was an AMD 2600. Did the job, was a long time ago though so can't remember much about it. Then went to a E6600 and never looked back. Can't see myself ever going back to AMD for a cpu as I've got used to Intel cpu's and the way they operate.