Why no 'hourly' option on notification emails?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I suspect that it’s because it’s fairly pointless and would be somewhat server clogging. If there was an hourly notification available, everyone would opt for it and with the amount of systems that PCS shift it’d eat into the bandwidth.

RS2OOO

Gold Level Poster
Changed my notifications from the standard 5 day to daily last Wednesday and haven't received any further notifications since. I assume due to the bank holidays in between, but was hoping I'd at least get an update today.

Edit: Build status changed in that time from "processing" to "pre-production" hence why I've been hanging on for today's notification.

Last edited:

RS2OOO

Gold Level Poster
Just a query, but if its hasn't changed status what use would a notification about its status be anyway :)

You could argue if it has changed status what would the use of a notification be, since you can already see the status has changed.

If it hasn't changed status you would be more inclined to want to know why.

That said, I suspect the OP was just adding some banter.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
I know you're probably itching to know the status of the build, but if you really are that desperate for hourly updates, just open your order page and press F5 :ROFLMAO: no different to refreshing your emails to find the notifications.

Rakk

The Awesome
I know you're probably itching to know the status of the build, but if you really are that desperate for hourly updates, just open your order page and press F5 :ROFLMAO: no different to refreshing your emails to find the notifications.
I know that's exactly what I'm doing at the mo - my poor F5 key .....