Why won't it turn on ;..(

Maskvid

I received my PC today, carefully removed all packaging and plugged the power cable in. It did not turn on.
I made sure the plug was fully in and switched on, and tested the socket to ensure it was a fully functional socket. I still could not turn it on. I tried using another 'kettle lead' cable from another PSU which i knew works to ensure it wasn't just a dodgy fuse. Still nothing.
There are no signs of life, no lights, no beeps, no fans spinning or even twitching.
Any Help would be appreciated

Case
Send In Your Own Case
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
Power Supply
ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Last edited:

polycrac

Rising Star
Does it make any beeps, do any lights come on or fans start spinning?

*edit* and could you post your full build? It will help the experts here to help you!

D

Deleted member 41971

also is all the parts nicely fitted in their sockets? some times things move in transit

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
I have done this myself:rolleyes: but did you check the back of the computer and tried switching the PSU on?

Maskvid

Does it make any beeps, do any lights come on or fans start spinning?

*edit* and could you post your full build? It will help the experts here to help you!
There are no signs of life, no lights, no beeps, no fans spinning or even twitching.
Ive checked the switches are on and plug sockets are working.
I havent checked th inside of the case yet because im not great with the wiring and i dont know if it voids the warranty, but i should know that in a minute when the support guy emails back.

Mashup47

Bronze Level Poster
Before sticking your hands in there unplug it from the wall first. then take the side off and carefully test the cables are plugged in to were they should be start top left ( main power connector from pus to mother board) and work you way round clock wise Testing the ram is seat correctly ( pushing firmly).

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
PCS have an open case policy, so no you wont void your warranty

7.8Unlike with most computer companies, we allow you to open your case and install your own components without voiding your warranty on the following conditions:

• If the actions of the person installing the components cause damage to the computer, your warranty will be void;
  • If you install components that are not purchased from us and they cause problems with your computer, your warranty will be void;
  • If you install components that are not purchased from us we will in no way support you in installing them or with any problems you have relating to the components you have installed.
  • We will support you in installing components purchased from us providing you have purchased them through the upgrade service available on your online account.

polycrac

Rising Star
And don't worry, PCS have an open case policy, you won't void the warranty just by opening it up and taking a look, only of you damage something and checking eg the RAM is seated right is fine.

edit ninja'd

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Before sticking your hands in there unplug it from the wall first. then take the side off and carefully test the cables are plugged in to were they should be start top left ( main power connector from pus to mother board) and work you way round clock wise Testing the ram is seat correctly ( pushing firmly).
And also make sure that all plugs are plugged into the PSU properly

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ive checked the switches are on and plug sockets are working.
I havent checked th inside of the case yet because im not great with the wiring and i dont know if it voids the warranty, but i should know that in a minute when the support guy emails back.
Can you just confirm that the switch on the back of the PC, usually close to the power socket, is on?

Maskvid

Pretty much had to disassemble the PC, i saw a random cable not plugged into the psu so i plugged it in (probably has nothing to do with anything just a spare wire or something), continued to unplug and push in every connection point i could find and boom took a while putting it all back together but i have lights, fans and beeps!! Now i just need to reassemble my set up because its a big case and i have a small work space for it haha