wierd wireless internet problem

Dark79

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

Ive got a problem with my virgin media internet and thought id see if anyone on here has a solution as virgin seem like a bunch of numptys.

When im connected wired, i cannot connect wirelessly on any other device but as soon as my pc shuts down all wireless devices can connect straight away. To fix I have to shut my pc down turn router off and back on, connect wirelessly with a netbook and be web browsing then 9/10 when I boot up my pc wireless connections stays.

Its very strange. A virgin engineer just said 'thats wierd' ........... great help.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Thats not a problem with virginmedia that has something to do with your router what make is it ? i have a netgear router the only thing i connect wireless now is the printer and i have to leave that on all the time if i switch it off it is lucky dip if it connects without restarting the the router same with my laptop but i also have that wired now.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Yeah as i said above the only way i found to sort it out was either having to reset the router everytime they would not connect or like the printer keep it on (that goes to standby though) if you can afford a homeplug setup they are well worth the money with no connection issues.

Dark79

Silver Level Poster
I think i have solved this issue, the router was right behind my pc and quite close, moving this to a better position away from the pc seems to have done the trick, must have been electrical interference.

Thanks for your replies anyway fear.