Wifi Keeps Dropping (Not a router problem)

Phete

- I keep losing internet access when connected via wifi. Connection drops after 2 minutes.
- No problem when using ethernet connection to router. No problem with other devices (mobile phones, streaming stick on TV).
- I've updated the drivers and tried various things suggested on the internet but without success.

Any suggestions would be great!. Link to system spec is below

Case
PCS 3312B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Celeron® Dual Core Processor G4930 (3.20GHz) 2MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® H310M-A R2.0: Micro-ATX, DDR4, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
4GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
1st Storage Drive
256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

GeaFit

Bronze Level Poster
Hard to know mate. Could be an issue with the card. For the price of them I'd just get a new AC wireless card and pop it in in place of he old one. Will most likely sort it. Not ideal but that card isn't very good anyway limited to just 2.4GHz.

Phete

Thanks for the suggestions. I've run various updates. It didn't come with an antennae, but the unit is setting right next to the router. I might give tech support a call as the pc is only a few months old so I'm not keen to shell out for a new card if it is indeed hardware failure.....

D

Deleted member 17413

Have you checked through the startup box for an antennae?
There are also posts about the card you have, there was a driver issue with windows update so you'd need to manually update.

Im sure other people with that card mentioned having an antennae in similar posts?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All wifi cards have antenna, it's weather they're fixed on or screw on. If they're aren't any attached, they need to be attached and will be in the welcome box. It won't work without them.

As @sibun1 says, that card gets allocated the incorrect driver from windows update, you have to manually install the correct driver:

Phete

Sorry - I was wrong, I've just had a look at the back of the case and there are two antennae. Sorry about that.

Thank you very much for the driver link - I'll try it in the morning.

Phete

Bit of an update on this. The drivers update solved the connection problem but.....

....my internet connection goes down whenever I backup data (via usb port using either a Window Back up to a usb stick or Western Digital Backup to their 'Book' external drive).

Any ideas on fixing this one? Of course I could just do backups when I'm not online, but it would be nice to resolve it if I could.

Thank you!