Wifi problems since Windows 10 upgrade

GJOB

Bronze Level Poster
Hi All,

I'm looking for some help to resolve a recurring problem since upgrading my laptop (spec below) to windows 10.

I've spent hours trying to resolve it with no success. I've narrowed it down to the driver however Intel does not have a Win 10 driver for the N 135 device, nor is there an option in the PCS downloads section.

What options do I have? Has anyone had the same problem? Would using a Win 8 driver possibly cure the problem?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Chassis & Display Cosmos Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4810MQ (2.80GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON SODIMM DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 850M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - Hard Disk 1TB SEAGATE HYBRID GEN3 SSHD Drive, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (5400 rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
M.2 SSD Drive NONE
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N-135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH

GJOB

Bronze Level Poster
Cosmos Laptop NIC Error.PNG

steaky360

You could try to use a Win8 driver, that might work. Other than that if you can't find a driver online I'd get in touch with PCS to see if they have any info on this issue. If the error message is correct and the device is resetting it could potentially be a hardware issue?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have the same wireless card running perfectly under Windows 10. My advice would be to allow Windows Update to install all the necessary drivers, including this one. That's what I did.

Here's my device manage drivers page for it...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you upgraded to win 10 rather than doing a fresh install, I'd suggest doing that. I had a load of issues after upgrade that deteriorated until a fresh reinstall fixed it all.

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

I just wanted to say that for a long time my phone auto-corrected Wifi to wife. If I had started this thread it would have read "Wife problems since Windows 10 upgrade".

Possibly also true but maybe a different forum required.

Frank100

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I just wanted to say that for a long time my phone auto-corrected Wifi to wife. If I had started this thread it would have read "Wife problems since Windows 10 upgrade".

Frank100

Does she have problems going through walls too?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi,

Frank100

You need to upgrade to Wife v2, although still not fully compatible that version tolerates Windows 10 quite well and much better than Windows 8.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The one I have installed works just fine. I never update drivers unless I have a problem or I need the extra functionality. :)

GJOB

Bronze Level Poster
Still struggling, tried 5 different drivers, looks like I'll have to go for a clean install :(

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Still struggling, tried 5 different drivers, looks like I'll have to go for a clean install :(

Let Windows Update install all (or those it can) of your drivers. I know that goes against the grain but it does seem the best approach with Windows 10.