Wii U setup on a computer

accip

Hello dear folks,

I am in need of a bit of help. I have a Wii U and a Wii U board. I'd like to have a setup where I could connect the wii to my laptop and be able to use the wii u board at the same time through the laptop.

Anyone have any suggestions on how this setup would work and look like. That is, what cables do I need or what external programms or whatever?

Appreciate any help guys!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It wouldn't work. Laptops don't have video in, only video out, they can output to a TV or monitor, but can't take feeds in.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If I'm understanding what you are asking you would need a laptop with a TV card installed. This would allow you to play and utilise the Wii using the laptop screen. It's a LOT of hassle though.

accip

What if I used a PC for it? would that make things easier? Either way, can you give me some kind of hint of how the setup would work?

Very new to this kind of thing, but need to set it up for a project. Thanks!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You need to explain what you want to do. Are you looking to use the Wii Board with the PC or are you simply looking to use the Wii on the computer screen? If you are using a PC with a monitor you should be able to connect the Wii directly to the monitor depending on the available input connections.

accip

Sorry for not explaining myself properly.

I want to use the wii board with the pc. Additionally, I don't mind if it's through a wii to a pac or just direct to the pc.

accip

Ok, basically what I meant is I need to get the data from the wii board to the pc. I would use a script to extract the signal sent to the pc via the wii u board. Sorry for not making this clear earlier.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, basically what I meant is I need to get the data from the wii board to the pc. I would use a script to extract the signal sent to the pc via the wii u board. Sorry for not making this clear earlier.

For what purpose though? Recording gameplay? Recording key presses?