Will a GTX1080 fit in my case to replace my GTX7702gb?

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster
Is the 1080 the same size as the 770 or is a lot bigger?

This is my case: FRACTAL DESIGN ARC MIDI R2 MID-TOWER CASE

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Graphics card compatibility: Graphics cards up to 290mm in length with the top HDD cage installed - With the top cage removed, graphics cards up to 430mm in length may be installed
http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/arc-series/arc-midi-r2

A reference (founders edition) GTX 1080 is 267mm iirc. Some after market ones can be 300mm or more. You'd want to avoid the FE ideally to get something with better cooling. Some after market ones may be short enough to fit, or if a particular model takes your fancy that is too long you can always remove the top HDD cage, assuming it isn't being used or you can fit the drives elsewhere in your case

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster
A reference (founders edition) GTX 1080 is 267mm iirc. Some after market ones can be 300mm or more. You'd want to avoid the FE ideally to get something with better cooling. Some after market ones may be short enough to fit, or if a particular model takes your fancy that is too long you can always remove the top HDD cage, assuming it isn't being used or you can fit the drives elsewhere in your case

Ahh okay thank you! It's a Asus Strix GTX1080! Amazon says 30cm but that seems rounded up and not a proper dimension as there's loads of different lengths quoted.

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster

I moved the top HDD Bay, unfortunately it was being used so I had to move my hard drive too! All sorted now thank you, I have enough room for two GPUs length ways haha.