Will my PSU too hot?

oli090

Enthusiast
Heyy, ive bought a pc with 450w psu...my mate is also buying a pc from here later on once he has the money. His computer nerd uncle said that a 450w psu running 400w of power will get way to hot. I said that it wont coz they wont design it but he said **** you. i said ill ask some people who know so yea :) Will this PSU get too hot. Our case were getting is t900 maelstrom.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
no, it will be fine, it will have a perfectly sufficient fan to keep it cool and it will be having nowhere near that amount of power running through it most of the time, general browsing will probably be using no more than 100w

im getting an 850w, tell him that lol
and loads of people on here have got 1050w PSUs and there are some 1200w ones, you can also get 1500w ones elsewhere

oli090

Enthusiast
yea he said if im using 400w max then get atleast 700w :/ what a idiot it will run fine i think and you say so too thanks :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yea he said if im using 400w max then get atleast 700w :/ what a idiot it will run fine i think and you say so too thanks :)

yeah I agree with wozza here, it will run fine. God knows why he said get s 700w psu when you only need 400w.