Will pcs post a gpu?

truegrace

Enthusiast
Hi guys,

After looking at my budget for my hopefully soon to be PC, or more like looking at the rubbish bonus I am getting from work, I am either gonna have to wait a few months before I can order my new machine, or order 1 without a gpu.

My question is if i then buy the GTX 570 from PCS i have had my eye on will they require me to send back the PC for them to fit it or can I do it myself?

I have a 9600gt in my current desktop I would use to cover me but would rather not go without a PC at all after having new shineys while i send it back.

Thanks in advance

Rakk

The Awesome
You will be able to order a GPU separately after you've got your PC and it will be sent via DPD on a next day delivery (it used to be a £6 delivery charge when they were with Yodel, I suspect its about the same for DPD).

They do not require you to send back your PC and your warranty will still be perfectly fine as long as you don't do anything silly whilst trying to install said new GPU

adahil

Gold Level Poster
truegrace.....

I have done exactly the same thing. I ordered a rig from PCS with only the most very very basic £20 GPU to save money. I've spoke to PCS on the phone and they are happy to ship a decent GPU out to me to install myself.

Have found out what cards they stock and done A LOT of research online, I can happily say they were cheaper than anywhere else, bar none, and delivery is also reasonable as Rakk said.

I am going to order a new GPU next week when I have been paid.

Just thought it might help you make up your mind hearing from someone who is in the same boat as you!

truegrace

Enthusiast
sweet, I have been planning on ordering at the end of this month since about september time and, unless some more cash goes my way, it was either down spec completely, or go without a decent gpu for a bit. My 9600 will run swtor which is the only thing I am currently playing, wont do the rig justice, but better than nout.

adahil

Gold Level Poster
agreed, i am just making do with a standard gpu for now since i am only playing football manager.

absolutely delighted with my pc, and cant wait to get some pennies together to get a decent gpu.

gunna go for the gtx 560 ti i think as the palit ones that pcs stock are nice and small so will fit in my cosy case quite well :)