Will the Sandy Bridge processors still be available next year?

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
Will the Sandy Bridge processors still be available on PCS near July next year?

I really want a build with an i7 2600k in but might not be able to get it until next year around July.

Thanks,

- James.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
My guess - Yes.

Maybe consider purchasing a newer PCU when you get your PC. Newer, faster CPU's will be out by then around the same price as the 2600 is now. I can't see why PCS would decide to take the 2600 series off sale, so you'll be good, but consider a newer CPU when you do get your new PC.

Rakk

The Awesome
I really want a build with an i7 2600k in but might not be able to get it until next year around July.

To be honest so much can change in 10 months in the PC hardware market, so that by July next year if the i7-2600 is still available from PCS (which is doubtful) there will be so much better available by then that the i7-2600 probably won't even be a thought :)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Thats a long way away. You will probably find that the next generation of processors are out and about by then. They will probably fall into the same price brackets, just offering more performance.

The chips will probably still be available on the internet, but thats going along the self build route.